Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:24 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,028,301 times

Advertisements

Does the realtor manage to get his dog in the cabin on mainland flights or just inter-island flights? I kinda thought the rules were different for inter-island flying versus flying to and from the mainland. When my dog was a pup, he went in the cabin tucked under the seat several times, but that was just inter-island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 07:47 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,608 times
Never said I was flying a commercial airline.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:39 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Never said I was flying a commercial airline.
Then your "questions" are an obvious waste of everyone's time. Every animal is subject to quarantine, regardless of whether they come in commercial or GA.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
What airline will let you have a dog in cabin into Hawaii?
Netjets will allow you to have a dog in the cabin.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:44 PM

820 posts, read 3,035,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Does the realtor manage to get his dog in the cabin on mainland flights or just inter-island flights? I kinda thought the rules were different for inter-island flying versus flying to and from the mainland. When my dog was a pup, he went in the cabin tucked under the seat several times, but that was just inter-island.
Mainland flights, under the guise of being a companion dog. It's shameful.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 PM

806 posts, read 2,341,411 times
Looks like you already plan on taking it. Have fun!
From the sound of your accomodations, shoots,who wouldn't bring it..
Not sure if I'd let it off the leash while hiking though.
What Island??

Old 11-17-2010, 05:33 AM

Big Island mainly.
Company is supplying a condo overlooking pearl for a month.
Once he's in, intra-island flights are not a problem.
Dog walkers are not a problem. I'm just trying to make sure that if I go there, I am not stuffing him in the condo because I can't take him anywhere.

He loves the beach more than anyplace and is a pretty good swimmer even without a vest.

Even without a leash he's never more than 2 feet from me when we walk off leash in a unsecured area. And he WILL be on a leash or in a backpack anywhere requiring a leash or an area he is not familiar with. Despite some concerns from others I am a conscientious dog owner. That is why I'm trying to make sure that he won't be miserable.

Quote:
And a federal offense if caught.
Bad risk/reward choice there.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:12 PM

229 posts, read 929,214 times
Default Pearl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Big Island mainly.
Company is supplying a condo overlooking pearl for a month.
The condo overlooks Pearl Harbor? That'll be Oahu, then, not the Big Island. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:39 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,680,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Salsa View Post
All that changes on 15 March 2011. Companion, emotional support, and comfort animals are now excluded under ADA as Service Animals. And "Service Animals" are only Dogs specifically trained. Your trained monkey is no longer covered. DOT is working on some final guides for airlines. What has not been finalized is who gets to charge the person with ADA fraud violation. The airlines want the right to charge a fee for trying to pass off a animal as a legitimate Service Animal and local law enforcement of the airports are asking for the ability to issue citations to violators and collect the fines. The US is also looking at saction penalties against medical people who issue bogus letters for these animals and they may even go as far as requiring some documatation in the next round of changes in 2012.

I wrote before that the scammers who were pawning off their pets as service animals were the ones that would soon force changes and it happened.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,511,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
All that changes on 15 March 2011. Companion, emotional support, and comfort animals are now excluded under ADA as Service Animals. And "Service Animals" are only Dogs specifically trained. Your trained monkey is no longer covered. DOT is working on some final guides for airlines. What has not been finalized is who gets to charge the person with ADA fraud violation. The airlines want the right to charge a fee for trying to pass off a animal as a legitimate Service Animal and local law enforcement of the airports are asking for the ability to issue citations to violators and collect the fines. The US is also looking at saction penalties against medical people who issue bogus letters for these animals and they may even go as far as requiring some documatation in the next round of changes in 2012.

I wrote before that the scammers who were pawning off their pets as service animals were the ones that would soon force changes and it happened.
Good.
There are a couple of clowns who bring their dogs into all kinds of places around Pahoa and always make sure to loudly proclaim they are "service dogs" and "I have paperwork". I call BS. The one in particular needs a serious bath (so does the owner) and the dog doesn't obey commands very well at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island