Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:41 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,299,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitroehrig View Post
Terracore.
Please help me.
Where did you get the map for the rainfall for the Big Island
Kit in Waimea 885-6614
That photo terracore posted is from this site. Hawaii Realty There are some other helpful Hawaii maps on the site also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 12:45 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,017,648 times
If you use the right click on your mouse when it's over the picture you have the option of "copy the URL" and then you'll get:

http://www.hiloagent.com/images/Hawaii%20Rainfall.gif

Old 08-01-2015, 04:16 PM

48 posts, read 74,613 times
So, which IS the sunniest town/village on the Hamakua coast?

Old 08-04-2015, 09:18 PM

25 posts, read 25,726 times
I lived Hilo side for almost 2 years. There was a point in time where I did not see the sun for over 40 days. I finally told the wife to pack a picnic lunch and we drove over Kona side and enjoyed the sun all day. The sun eventually comes out in Hilo. And sometimes for more than a day at a time. What I found was that if it was sunny all day it rained a good portion of the night. Generally speaking.

If I were to live on the Hamakua coast or close to it I would live in Honokaa. But to be honest with you I would not expect a lot of sun. You want sun more often than rain? It will have to be the Kona side. If you want to buy on the Kona side at reasonable (For Hawaii prices) look at the Ocean View area of the island. Basically, the south part of the South Kona District or the Kau District. Both are on the Kona side and at a low enough elevation for sun and warmth.

If you would like a realtor recommendation you can PM me.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:08 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,895,355 times
Hey Kit,

Although I did respond to your question via other channels, I highly suggest you edit your posts here to remove your phone number etc unless you want to get a lot of spam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island