Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,945 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm a first year pharmacy student from UH Hilo. I have a summer internship at Long's and am looking for a place to stay in Kona for that time. I'd be looking to rent from May 12 - July 21st. Does anyone know of someone I can contact about a place to rent? I've been looking, but not much luck so far. Mostly it's all vacation rentals that are around $100 a night.

I'm clean, respectful, very quiet, no parties, don't drink, don't smoke, always pay my rent and utilities in full and on time.

Any help in my search would be very much appreciated .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 05:12 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,529,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjo06 View Post
Does anyone know of someone I can contact about a place to rent? I've been looking, but not much luck so far. Mostly it's all vacation rentals that are around $100 a night.
I think it would be helpful to say what you DO want... the more specific the better. Price range, desired area, kitchen or no?

FWIW, Uncle Billy's Kona Bay Hotel has monthly rentals about $50/night and big kama'aina discounts on straight nightly rates, so they might make you a deal on your 2+ month stay. And they have rooms with small refrigerator and cooktop and microwave available. It's definitely not The Ritz, but on a student budget it might help if you can't find an ohana somewhere.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 4,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
I think it would be helpful to say what you DO want... the more specific the better. Price range, desired area, kitchen or no?

FWIW, Uncle Billy's Kona Bay Hotel has monthly rentals about $50/night and big kama'aina discounts on straight nightly rates, so they might make you a deal on your 2+ month stay. And they have rooms with small refrigerator and cooktop and microwave available. It's definitely not The Ritz, but on a student budget it might help if you can't find an ohana somewhere.
Thanks for your response : I'll look up that hotel and give them a call to see if they let people stay for 2+ months.

As for price range, preferably under $900/month, but if I can't find anything, I'll go higher. I don't really know what prices are like in Kona. In Hilo, I'm staying in an apartment that charges $815 per month including internet, water, gas, and up to $50 of electric. I know Kona is more expensive, though.

I want 1 bed, 1 bathroom, with a refrigerator and a microwave. A stove and internet access would be nice, but not required.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:06 PM

219 posts, read 498,451 times
Have you looked in the West Hawaii newspaper? Their classifieds had several options today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island