Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 07:41 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,663,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
I don't remember walking through water to access the trail. Just park in the Park, right?
We parked in the Park. There were signs that said something like "private property", so we had to walk through the water to get to the trail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 06:01 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
"Hawaii ~ The place my heart calls home ♥

But, is it the place your wallet or purse calls affordable? I see these sort of posts regularly, and always wonder how these folks end up? OK, I sorta know how they end up (I ended up living in a goat shed once because I didn't bring enough money, which worked out better than you would have thought actually, but not that great)
smarino - Is it true that the goats complained???

jk of course.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,581 times
Default Lot for sale

I have lot 757 how and why is a long story. Plans have changed and I will SACRIFICE FOR$27,500.00. If interested I can be contacted at [email]danwin56@gmail.com[/email] or 630-258-8635.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:51 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,020,110 times
List it on Craig's List and you'll get more folks looking at your lot for sale. Or call a local realtor and put it on the MLS.

Is there anything more you'd like to tell us as to why you're no longer interested in Discovery Harbor? Was it not what you expected? The more folks know before they buy in an area, the more likely they will be expecting actual reality and not run across surprises.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:39 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,020,110 times
oops, it's already on the MLS: (ACTIVE) 286531

And there it's listed for $26,500? So it's less expensive to buy it from a Realtor?

Old 01-14-2017, 04:57 PM

27 posts, read 41,196 times
We have decided to expand our land search to include DH. Can anyone comment on the street lights in DH? The night sky is so beautiful over in the HOVE area, I'm wondering if the street lights or neighborhood lights effect the night views?

Old 01-14-2017, 05:33 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-HI Travelin View Post
We have decided to expand our land search to include DH. Can anyone comment on the street lights in DH? The night sky is so beautiful over in the HOVE area, I'm wondering if the street lights or neighborhood lights effect the night views?
All the street lights were recently replaced. I'm not a technical person but I will say that they do not create any "light pollution" that I can see. Night sky is awesome when clouds permit.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:12 AM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,162,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
All the street lights were recently replaced. I'm not a technical person but I will say that they do not create any "light pollution" that I can see. Night sky is awesome when clouds permit.
Generally speaking, the "weather" tends to run between Oceanview and Discovery Harbour. What I mean is that often it is completely clear in Oceanview with clouds and rain starting at about Kahukhu Ranch extending into DH and around that side of the island. This is another facet of microclimates and something to know/consider if contemplating a move here.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:54 PM
puh

15 posts, read 32,754 times
Hi all, I bought lot #82 and it has a perfect view , but is not level so have to go partial post and pier. I am exited and scared at the same time. Right now I am waiting on plans for my home. Any help in making decisions will be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:01 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,663,767 times
Welcome. That's a beautiful lot.

I think that lot was grubbed, but not graded. So they removed all of the trees, but didn't do any finishing. Don't forget that you need the approval of the Architectural and Environmental Committee for grading and building.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. Also, the ladies in the office are very helpful, and you can always attend the A&E meeting to ask any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island