Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM

8 posts, read 15,554 times

Advertisements

Aloha, My family and I are moving to Big Island in June. We land June 13th in Hilo. We have a place to stay for a week. We are going to look for a long term rental right away. I do have school age children. Ages 16, 13, and 11. I know the schools are not great, but what area has the best public schools? I want my children to go to school and we will also work at home on studies.
We lived in Keaau 14 years ago. We have been back to Big Island twice and Maui four times. We have been planning this move for a few years. We decided on Big Island because of the price of housing. My wife and I work online. My wife is also a QMA and has an early childhood degree. We need to be in an area that has good internet service for our work. We also have a 4 and 2 year old. My mother inlaw is also moving with us. She is a RN.
The school area and nice neighborhood are my questions. Any information would be appreciated.

Mahalo and Much Aloha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM

I was hopeing for a little info.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,022,266 times
This thread is over on the other Hawaii forum so I think folks answered it there. Is there anything different you wanted to know?

The high school almost directly next to the college seems to be a very nice high school and it's directly in Hilo so you'd be close to all sorts of things. Looking in that area might be good. Plus when the kids were ready for college it would be right there.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,430,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocb1031 View Post
I was hopeing for a little info.
While you are waiting for personal responses here, I suggest you use the search function at the top of the page to browse the archives for "Hilo schools."

Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 PM

I have searched. I have found a lot of information also. I was just seeing if there was any new info from people. Just trying to get plenty of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: