Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:20 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowkim View Post
She is really here, we met her and her family at the airport when they arrived.
Thanks for the update. Glad you could be there.

Quote:
We've been corresponding via email and phone since she started posting at CD and it was super cool to meet her and her family! We had a picnic at Kahalu'u a few days after they got here and the turtles showed up, it was very cool.
Very cool. Thanks for being being willing to put yourself out there to support them. That's the Spirit of Aloha that I've been talking about.

Quote:
I won't share their professions since she didn't.
She actually did, way back, but those with short memories forget that she was already making contacts with prospective employers many months ago. That was a very good sign.

Quote:
She is one of the most hard-working people I have ever met. There is not a lazy bone in her body. This is the kind of family you really want to move here -- they will work hard, support the economy, take part in the community, and all the rest.
But she has a personality... at least online... that set some people's teeth on edge here, and a few are so paranoid and cynical they couldn't believe she was real at all. Personally I have a lot of room for people to be exactly how they are, even when it does not fit someone else's definition of normal.

Quote:
It remains to be seen whether Hawaii will be forever.
Truth be told, the same could be said for everyone here. As the saying in my status line, written by Ian Maclaren, suggests... everyone is fighting a hard battle in life, so we might as well be kind to each other.

Quote:
Maybe she'll pop back in and give an update anyway, even if she did say it was her last post.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Either way I wish her Aloha and welcome!

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: