Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 04:45 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times

Advertisements

The police are out there, they may have just let you roll the dice to see who wins, though; you or the mountain. In a lot of places, if you fall off the road, there won't be anyone finding you for days.

I've known quite a few folks lately that have gotten speeding tickets, the traffic gawds must be on your side, I guess. But why hurry anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 08:03 PM

74 posts, read 83,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
They never flew to Bangkok - nor do the planes they have the range to fly that far with passengers.

6,000 miles is about the range - Bangkok is nearly 6,600 miles from Honolulu

Let's take Hawaiian Airlines Honolulu to Manila first. Discontinued
Hawaiian Airlines stops Honolulu-Manila direct flights | ABS-CBN News

Hawaiian Airlines Honolulu to Bangkok:
Go to Hawaiian Airlines page and plug in Honolulu to BKK, ecstatic to report .....
Flights not scheduled on given date, but available in the future. Service to BKK begins Oct 25, 2014

Joe

Old 05-17-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
The police are out there, they may have just let you roll the dice to see who wins, though; you or the mountain. In a lot of places, if you fall off the road, there won't be anyone finding you for days.

I've known quite a few folks lately that have gotten speeding tickets, the traffic gawds must be on your side, I guess. But why hurry anyway?

No hurry really but every now and then the urge to nail the Big I's curves wins, its foolish to do continuous speeding, selective is better

Traffic gawds are defo on my side - no tickets in California since antediluvian times, never been pulled over - but that's because I've resigned to living like a robot & driving like an old fart on the mainland.

Contrast that with SE Asia - pulled over guessing 13-15 times in total in the last 10 years - cop walks over, does the same-o same-o asks for DL & Reg, then sees the wai and hears the accent as I speak to him in Thai and lo and behold we ain't talking traffic no more, rather am I happy in LOS-1? No seatbelt, an open beer can in the holder - and still no ticket, instead 30% of the time, I get this, "if you have any trouble and need help, call this number and ask for Khun ?????

God, do I love it so!

Joe

Old 05-17-2014, 08:24 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_D View Post

Hawaiian Airlines Honolulu to Bangkok:
Go to Hawaiian Airlines page and plug in Honolulu to BKK, ecstatic to report .....
Flights not scheduled on given date, but available in the future. Service to BKK begins Oct 25, 2014
Sorry Joe, they don't fly to BKK - and will not by flying to BKK on 10/25.

Whatever you are looking at, it would be a codeshare on another airline, for instance, you can take Hawaiian Airlines flight 2801 to Taipei and from there Hawaiian Airlines flight 2833 to Bangkok, except, sadly, those are operated by China Airlines.

I never disputed they flew to Manila by the way.

Try again.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
They never flew to Bangkok - nor do the planes they have the range to fly that far with passengers.

6,000 miles is about the range - Bangkok is nearly 6,600 miles from Honolulu

Looking deeper into the Honolulu - Bangkok segment

I stand corrected. But still not satisfied. Will email Hawaiian for clarification because what I'm after is a direct flight Honolulu to BKK on Hawaiian

Found this code-sharing agreement between Korean and HA, so even though one books on Hawaiian, the last segment from Incheon to BKK is not on HA rather Korean. Only advantage for me here is Korean has a built-in Incheon to Chiangmai run thus bypassing Bangkok

Hawaiian Airlines : Investor Relations : Press Releases

Joe

Old 05-17-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry Joe, they don't fly to BKK - and will not by flying to BKK on 10/25.

Whatever you are looking at, it would be a codeshare on another airline, for instance, you can take Hawaiian Airlines flight 2801 to Taipei and from there Hawaiian Airlines flight 2833 to Bangkok, except, sadly, those are operated by China Airlines.

I never disputed they flew to Manila by the way.

Try again.

Just caught this post, thanks. Hey, no worries, not argumentative, just always a student and learning the ropes. Thanks to you, you corrected my error and got me thinking and digging deeper. Very grateful.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:14 PM

In case anyone is wondering why I'm so gung-ho on Hawaiian airlines?

I doubt I'd ever heard of it before - ditto for Hawaiian banks. That supreme level of ignorance has now been bested.

First with the level of service from First Hawaiian Bank online and thru' phone calls. Stellar service and response.

Then when I flew Hawaiian for the first time, it was not just a subtle difference - the vibe was good too.

I'm a loyal customer from now on.

Joe

Old 05-17-2014, 09:57 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Did you know First Hawaiian's parent company is French owned?

Old 05-18-2014, 02:19 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
Just lately a lot of French things have been popping up into my attention. There are the cutest ever little sheep mowing the lawn around the Eiffel tower. I wish I knew how to get some of them, even though I can't pronounce the name "Ouessant". Sigh, at least if the parent company of First Hawaiian is French owned, they didn't change the name to something unpronounceable.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Did you know First Hawaiian's parent company is French owned?

Indeed Sir, it was one of the few that escaped the tsunami of 2008 - has an A rating from the 3 clowns, S&P, Moody's & Fitch - these 3 clowns make 100% predictions of the PAST never of the FUTURE and people pay them billions for this. Welcome to America.

Have a look at the attached BNP chart for busted trendline, Head & Shoulders topping pattern, Price below 200-day m.a. - when\if the 50 m.a (yellow line) crosses below the 200 (green) watch the news for Institutions rushing for the exits as the stock price dives further on big volume selling.

I noo this was a-coming when I picked First Hawaiian Bank. I've done my homework. FHB will survive the 2014-1016 tsunami. Bank of Hawaii will too.

Joe

BNP's spokesman who used to appear frequently on CNBC Asia had a teenage daughter who prayed fervently thusly

"Dear God, this year for Father's Day please send clothes for all the poor ladies in daddy's computer, Amen"
Attached Thumbnails
Big Island nicknamed LOS-2 = Land of Smiles 2-bnp-paribas.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island