Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:00 AM

74 posts, read 82,900 times

Advertisements

current rates are cheaper than Los Angeles - if one throws in the Big Island charm the prices could be much higher and still be good value. The City of Angels cannae compete with Big Island on a subject other than money-making. In the realm of aesthetics, Big Island flogs Los Angeles, California with ease and verve.

Big Island Hilton $199

Big Island Marriott $169

(didn't check if these include all the bs taxes)

------------------------------------------

Bangkok Doubletree Hilton .... just paid $109 + $20 room tax = $129 total for 1 night. This and Marriott are my usuals but Marriott is now at $180; can't justify this expenditure at this time although it is superior in terms of space, a fully functioning office section within the suite - and 2 separate bathroom sections all in marble and glass with a stunning glass outside view full-length window that curls and hurls.

-------------------------------------------

Bangkok has no ocean. Its a different vibe.

I love both locations but I gotta be fair otherwise my analysis is anal-ysis.

---------------------------------------------

Big Island is the clear winner in the Hotels category pinpointing my favs Hilton and Marriott.

You can't imagine how happy this makes me - Heaven is now offering Joe a better Hotel deal to just hang out. I'm still working out a monthly deal. This could take a bit of time.

Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 11:06 AM

DoubleTree Hilton is usually cheaper than straight Hilton so this skews thigs even further in favor of Big Island.

Joe

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:14 AM

Default Big Island includes breakfast I believe in the room price

I am a bit vague on this aspect but it is a significant deal given that the buffet breakfasts at both establishments are stupendous.

Bangkok's Marriott offers a 500 Baht buffet breakfast ($17) but it is plain stunning. Bangkok's Hilton is no slouch either, a different style and magnificent too.

Work in progress here, so no defo deductions.

One thing is for sure, tonight's Bangkok DoubleTree Hilton hotel charge did not include buffet breakfast - charge is $10 per person (outstanding value)

But its quite possible that in this brekky category once I get my facts straight, Big Island's VALUE will escalate.

To be further explored down the road apiece

Joe

Old 05-22-2014, 08:51 PM

Default Big Island successful living reliant upon ........

My Big Island lifestyle which includes purchasing land and house or putting up the latter from scratch according to a design I already have will rely heavily on my FINANCIAL market direction calls and implementation. If I'm wrong its the YMCA

Village People - YMCA OFFICIAL Music Video 1978 - YouTube

Joe

Old 05-22-2014, 09:00 PM

Default Big Island successful living reliant upon ........

My Big Island lifestyle which includes purchasing land and house or putting up the latter from scratch according to a design I already have will rely heavily on my FINANCIAL market direction calls and implementation.

My massive northbound call on the US Dollar is now supported by the famous HARRY DENT, a knowledgeable and prominent American economist who does evaluation based upon demographincs as opposed to Techinical Analysis, my forte. I'm even more emboldened to know that this other field of analysis is on my side

If correct, BIG ISLAND here I come

Harry's stuff shown below:

Opportunity #2: Bet on the U.S. Dollar

Bet on the U.S. dollar rising against most major currencies, especially the euro. I have traveled the world for over 30 years and know what currencies should be valued at longer term. The euro should be more on pare with the dollar, the pound sterling: $1.20 to the dollar, the Aussie dollar: 60 to 70 cents to the dollar, and the Canadian dollar: 65 to 75 cents to the U.S. dollar.

After being devalued 58% during the last bubble boom, where we created $42 trillion in private debt, the last global financial crisis saw the dollar rise 27% versus a basket of six major currencies. And I don't think it's done yet. I think it will go up another 40% or so in the next crisis.
Put yourself into the dollar now either through the ETF, UUP, or better through dollar bull funds.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:58 PM

Default Big Island easily defeats Singapore

Shocking discovery .......

Big I is cheaper than Singapore.

In the arena of smiles, don't expect the Choy-nese to smile. What the US mainland has become in terms of smiles (smile-less), the Choy-nese ARE.

A new corollary comes to mind .......

A superpower has benevolence in spades. The US had it, still has some left, but its generally hard to spot nowadays.

If the Choy-nese are going to rule, this to me is failure at the starting gate.

If they do make it to the top of the heap it will be a superpower of FORCE & INTIMIDATION from day 1.

Big Island hawaiians flog all these characters with ease and verve in the smiles and friendliness department.

Joe

Old 05-25-2014, 08:43 PM

Default Big Island employment fiasco vs Singapore's & others'

The homeless can be found on the beach and elsewhere on Big I. Joe was incredibly saddened to see this. I had to stop, had to talk to some and even though my money would make no difference, I still gave what I could, knowing that much of it would go for drugs or booze and whatnot.

Worst is when I see a true Hawaiian in this condition - Whitey took over his land and brought heaps of Inflation, Deflation and Boom & Bust and paved the way for their eventual death spiral.

Sad day for Joe. Had to shake off the onset of Depression by taking Big I's help by gazing out over the vast expanse of Water and letting Big Yun know, there is nothing I can do about this, its just the way it is.

Like ex-premier Thaksin of Thailand, I would favor the poor if EVER I was in a position of ultimate power - without 'em we ain't going no place fast.

They say the greatest thrill is not to kill - I agree with this but I take it further - the greatest THRILLS come from helping the poor help themselves. Helping and healing is where its at. No amount of material wealth can compare

My girl in Thailand comes from a supremely poor family. But a beauty she is and a heart of gold. Lack of money had placed her family in a death spiral that they could not circumvent. She tells me over and over again till today, so many years later that Joe saved her and her family. I tell her, "its the other way around, she saved me"

So you see, The Lord does work in mysterious ways, the lessons he puts forth are usually never imagined in advance. Sooooo often the very thing you are sure is the wrong way turns out to be the right road.

Thousands and thousands of Fillippino maids working in Singapore hang out in parks and on the doorsteps of shopping malls. I asked, why. I was told, they do this on their day off every week and since they cannot afford the high prices of coffeeshops etc.,, they just hang out in public places and talk to each other as if on a picnic.

Yet another goup of super-kind people marginalized by the money merchants' march onward.

Joe

Old 05-25-2014, 09:01 PM

Default Big Island true Hawaiian smiles - whites not included

The spontaneity of the Big Island true hawaiian to pour forth a smile is now legendary in Joe's book. We know Laughter is the best medicine, but what of The Smile?

The Smile can dissolve mountains of entheta by gnawing at the core - an observer would think, "it ain't working" and then lo and behold, the entire fortress of negativity and judgement starts crumbling and picks up speed as it dissolves away.

In Singapore there are NO Smiles - its like Whiteyland. Europe is worse, Germany the worst of the lot.

Joe being the perennial student of Life, forces the issue with the boring Choy-nese by saying some sh*t to 'em, this causes a pause, an askance one, then I say more non sequitor sh*t, then comes the smile.

Its called The Communication Lag

The CommLag of Whitey USA is less than that of the Choy-nese, but its getting slower as the years go by.

No amount of money-making, business ventures, empires of weath can defeat THE SMILE for that is where the thetan resides, right between the eyes and the smile is the defo sign that this being is thetan-ning.

Thus far no nation can defeat the level of SMILE of Hawaii and Thailand, a perfect match of big brother and little sister!! I love 'em both.

Joe knows this well NOW.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:17 PM

Default Big Island's little sister Thailand delivers the goods - AGAIN

American Teacher’s 2.2 Million Baht’s worth of luck thanks to Pattaya resident - Pattaya News Clippings - Thailand Forum

Read the comments too, 99% are Brits - known fact is they dislike Americans a great deal so don't be thrown off by the snide comments. They tried to hammer me too once a few years ago when around about 60 of them ganged up on me in the forum - they had hammered EVERY single other American into 2ndclass citizens (Americans are outnumbered - vastly)

Joe won that war with 2 strategically placed statements spaced 2 days apart to let statement #1 sink in first before dropping the final hammer.

#1 statement was:
The Brits are super jealous that their empire, previously thought to be huge, has been in a constant state of super decline for decades and the Americans came along and exponentialized the empire to such an extent .........................................

#2 (hammer)

Comparing the British Empire to the United States of America is akin to comparing a frog's pu**y to the Panama Canal.

Joe wins hands down. Two days later 22 Americans at the Duangtawan Hotel swimming pool in Chiangmai couldn't get enough of hugging and kissing Joe. And I ain't gay, but I enjoyed that.

Joe

Old 05-25-2014, 09:23 PM

Default Big I & Thailand (Big brother, little sister)

Big Brother helps little sister - Touching video (Classic America's Funniest Home Videos) - YouTube

Joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island