Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:04 AM

26 posts, read 72,851 times

Advertisements

I think that the article refers to the wait time in Honolulu...............any one know what the average wait time in Hilo is??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 09:45 AM

47 posts, read 57,844 times
as an update, since this thread is up...

someone on a previous thread said VA loans won't approve homes with catchment systems. Well now they do, just takes a few weeks due to water testing.

I might end up calling over there to ask around about wait times and facilities, once I get through this last final that is using up all my brain cells

Old 08-15-2014, 10:53 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,428,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modogs2014 View Post
someone on a previous thread said VA loans won't approve homes with catchment systems. Well now they do, just takes a few weeks due to water testing.
Oh, that changed some years ago. As I recall, the Catch 22 on this, the last time we dipped into this topic with someone who had just been through the wringer, was that there was no testing available that met the specific certification requirements on the Big Island.

If this situation has changed, you should post the details here.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:04 AM

3 posts, read 3,300 times
Try the Big Island Newbie club on facebook

Old 08-18-2014, 02:06 AM

3 posts, read 3,300 times
In Hilo my hubby saw a doctor in less than 3 weeks.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Oh, that changed some years ago. As I recall, the Catch 22 on this, the last time we dipped into this topic with someone who had just been through the wringer, was that there was no testing available that met the specific certification requirements on the Big Island.

If this situation has changed, you should post the details here.

No details yet, just saw a fairly recent post stating that they do not approve them.
Spoke to the realtor and she said she just went through the process and though it can cause delays, it is not difficult. She said they (VA loans) are most picky with things such as having anything unpermitted.

As we go along the process, I will update!

Old 08-18-2014, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUDUGIRL View Post
Try the Big Island Newbie club on facebook
thanks Vudu!!

Old 08-21-2014, 09:33 PM

26 posts, read 72,851 times
Default Hilo wait time..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUDUGIRL View Post
In Hilo my hubby saw a doctor in less than 3 weeks.
That kind of goes with what I've been reading about wait times nationally. Have read that wait times in urban areas are much longer than the offices in smaller towns.............makes sense.
I will be returning to my old home town Hilo after 20+ years in Asia to initiate a claim with the VA and am somewhat flexible at this point as weather to base in Kona or Hilo to avoid long wait times, as the clock is ticking on my health issues.
Any comparisons between Kona vs Hilo??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: