Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 12:34 AM

19 posts, read 18,581 times

Advertisements

We just get back from the most amazing vacation in Hilo. We stayed at the Falls at Reed's Island, got married, visited all the local sites, and are missing it every day.

Now my question...I bought a pretty typical type of dress in the market...one size fits all, smocked back, cap sleeves, mid length. It's become my favorite outfit here with some leggings underneath and a sweater. It reminds me of the wonderful time we had on your beautiful island. I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy more. Are there any of the merchants from the market or the downtown stores who would be willing to ship to Texas? I can't seem to find any dresses on-line to buy but they were in all the stores in Hilo and I would love to buy a few.

I tried to attach a pic of one. Hope it is visible.

Let me know if you can help and thank you for the hospitality!
Attached Thumbnails
Help finding a hawaiian style dress from Hilo-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 12:40 AM

Or here is a poor pic of the front of mine. The back is smocked.
Attached Thumbnails
Help finding a hawaiian style dress from Hilo-image.jpg  

Old 11-30-2014, 12:54 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,056,268 times
Does Hilo Hatties carry it? Hilo Hatties

Old 11-30-2014, 01:10 AM

Already looked there, but I really appreciate the suggestion!

Old 11-30-2014, 02:13 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,607,867 times
I work about 100 feet from the market, maybe I can help you. Send me a DM and we can chat.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:45 AM

575 posts, read 1,199,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imabird View Post
We just get back from the most amazing vacation in Hilo. We stayed at the Falls at Reed's Island, got married, visited all the local sites, and are missing it every day.

Now my question...I bought a pretty typical type of dress in the market...one size fits all, smocked back, cap sleeves, mid length. It's become my favorite outfit here with some leggings underneath and a sweater. It reminds me of the wonderful time we had on your beautiful island. I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy more. Are there any of the merchants from the market or the downtown stores who would be willing to ship to Texas? I can't seem to find any dresses on-line to buy but they were in all the stores in Hilo and I would love to buy a few.

I tried to attach a pic of one. Hope it is visible.

Let me know if you can help and thank you for the hospitality!

Might want to get a copy of Hawaii Magazine. They have lots of clothes ads and you might find what you're looking for. Probably most ship. Good luck.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
I work about 100 feet from the market, maybe I can help you. Send me a DM and we can chat.
There ya go! A Personal Shopper! How much better can it get than that? Isn't Hilo wonderful?

Old 11-30-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
There ya go! A Personal Shopper! How much better can it get than that? Isn't Hilo wonderful?
Be warned OP, this will be my first foray into dress shopping.. unless you count the times I was unwillingly dragged along with ex girlfriends..

Old 11-30-2014, 10:47 PM

Hmm, well, an inexperienced Personal Shopper. That could be less than optimum. Maybe you could find out if the shops ship and if they have a website? Or get the shop's phone number to give to the OP? Might be easier than trying to find the right color and sizes?

Old 11-30-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Hmm, well, an inexperienced Personal Shopper. That could be less than optimum. Maybe you could find out if the shops ship and if they have a website? Or get the shop's phone number to give to the OP? Might be easier than trying to find the right color and sizes?
Well, I was a little tongue in cheek on the last post, but I've successfully picked out plenty of sweet Aloha Shirts... can't be much harder than that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: