Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 959 times

Advertisements

@terracore
I found this post a while ago and was able to get most of the stations you listed. I live in Ainaloa and after the recent storms, it appears that I am no longer able to receive the channel 20 group (Court TV, Quest, etc.). I was wondering if you are still able to receive these stations? I have a PingBingDing amplified antenna mounted about 20 feet up, on the side of my house. It had been working well up to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2021, 07:09 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,904,348 times
I can verify those channels are not coming in for me. After a big storm it's not uncommon for entire groups of channels to disappear, sometimes for a couple of weeks. There aren't a lot of trained technicians or spare parts for broadcast television operations and they frequently have to fly someone in to diagnose the problem and then source a component, find a way to ship it in... Get the technicians out again to install parts, etc.

Try rescanning your autotuner every day. They should be back online within a week or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island