Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 05:28 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,559,631 times

Advertisements

many native hawaiian ancestors are the product of generations of inbreeding. they believed in the concept of mana, or a type of power. they didnt want to dilute that power by breeding with peiple of lower mana. in history, not super uncommon... didnt some european royalty also practice inbreeding fot similar reasons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 05:29 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,316,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Or, as bucko said, "get for real" whatever the hell that butchered phrase means or where it came from. Perhaps a conjugation of:

Get Real

and

Are you for real

In any case, it is meaningless.
I am lost where that poster was coming from “get real.” I’m not sure why anyone is so offended in what I posted? This is a reality in our world. Incest is not something isolated to a particular area or place. Incest may just happen to be more prevalent in one place over another. Example, in Hasidic communities throughout NY.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
many native hawaiian ancestors are the product of generations of inbreeding. they believed in the concept of mana, or a type of power. they didnt want to dilute that power by breeding with peiple of lower mana. in history, not super uncommon... didnt some european royalty also practice inbreeding fot similar reasons?
Exactly. It’s not something uncommon. Incest was prevalent in the OT. Without it none of us would be here.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:37 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I am lost where that poster was coming from “get real.” I’m not sure why anyone is so offended in what I posted? This is a reality in our world. Incest is not something isolated to a particular area or place. Incest may just happen to be more prevalent in one place over another. Example, in Hasidic communities throughout NY.
You are so correct.

So many people are chomping at the bit to play the race card or some other sort of card dealing with people in their various and sundry permutations, be it races, the sexes, sexual orientation etc.

You didn't make fun of them, you just stated what you saw and established that you have some dealings with inbred people and have come to recognize some of the outward manifestations, and then finished up with a question.

As I inferred, many are just dripping with lust at the opportunity to show "offense" in order to prove that they are holier-than-thou, and, in fact, as pure as the driven snow. They are often times the filthiest in their disguised -ism.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
You are so correct.

So many people are chomping at the bit to play the race card or some other sort of card dealing with people in their various and sundry permutations, be it races, the sexes, sexual orientation etc.

You didn't make fun of them, you just stated what you saw and established that you have some dealings with inbred people and have come to recognize some of the outward manifestations, and then finished up with a question.

As I inferred, many are just dripping with lust at the opportunity to show "offense" in order to prove that they are holier-than-thou, and, in fact, as pure as the driven snow. They are often times the filthiest in their disguised -ism.
I’m sensing that too, but they know they can’t read my post and come away with some kind of racial connotation. Liberals love to play the race card any chance they get, but this is a human race issue that’s inflicted among all the races throughout the world.

In all seriousness, I was taken back that there were posters actually offended by my post. Maybe you’re right about them, getting a chance to pretend to be offended does make one feel self righteous. Like they are enlightened to something and we are just simple close minded cavemen. I mean cave people. Don’t want to offend anyone. It’s fake outrage in my opinion.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:37 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
Yes, many cases of inbreeding in royalty not just European. I also read an article there was quite a bit of inbreeding when the islanders first arrived - mainly because of few people and simple math.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:54 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I’m sensing that too, but they know they can’t read my post and come away with some kind of racial connotation. Liberals love to play the race card any chance they get, but this is a human race issue that’s inflicted among all the races throughout the world.

In all seriousness, I was taken back that there were posters actually offended by my post. Maybe you’re right about them, getting a chance to pretend to be offended does make one feel self righteous. Like they are enlightened to something and we are just simple close minded cavemen. I mean cave people. Don’t want to offend anyone. It’s fake outrage in my opinion.
Cavedweebs!!

Old 07-25-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
His comments dripped with the taint of a small-mind.
He gets the ridiculous comment award! “Because people who don’t look like me I think it’s a cause of inbreeding.” It’s just an ignorant comment in an attempt to spark contention. The result of inbreeding has absolutely nothing to do with people who are racially different than me. I’m going to paint with a broad brush and make an educated guess that Plantastic isn’t voting for Trump 2020.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Cavedweebs!!
Ha!

Old 07-26-2019, 06:57 AM

10,567 posts, read 7,767,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantastic View Post
Uhhhh...WTF?

What are the "obvious traits" of inbreeds?

How is it even possible to make these conclusions without genetic testing?

And, if you "don't really care", why even subject the readers of this forum to your rambling stream of conscious?

1. There are none. He may be simply mistaking unattractive features for such.

2. You can't.

3. Wanted to know if inbreeding was currently common practice in Puna. Puna, of all places. LOL. "Oh yes, it sure it is!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island