Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 PM

67 posts, read 269,704 times

Advertisements

Ok. I have found out that everyone does tile. I mean most everyone. Tile here is like a hobby or tradition. If you do not know how to lay tile then you are an outcast and the kids wont play with you. LOL. Seriously. I closed the doors on my tile company back home to follow my wife to HILO. The first house we rented was a lady that did tile on the side and also tiled the 2600 sq ft house. The next place we stayed the property managers husband layed the tile in the apartment (which was new) and she helped him. Im not sure if ive meet anyone that hasnt layed tile. Thats why im glad that i decided when i moved here i would not do any tile because its really hard to get into it with the contractor laws and not knowing anyone. So goodluck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
This probably the wrong thread for this but here goes anyway. Im a tile contractor/mosaic artist ive herd that contractors are booked up still I wonder if ill be able to find work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:01 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,589,115 times
Thanks for the honest answers . I do have to say that Ive been a tile contractor for 30 years and in that time i have specialized in mosaics but still take on all jobs. i aslo have done some work in Kona a couple years ago

On a sub note my wife got her plane tix today for interview yay!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 AM

FYI update: The wife is in Hilo as i speak the interview is going great. All we need is the offer at this point then I will be asking a ton of questions.

I want to thank everyone for posting

Old 04-29-2009, 02:52 PM

thanks

Old 04-29-2009, 04:23 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,181,869 times
Don't know who this Zoom guy is - he seems to be spamming all the sites...

I have been staying in Puna most of winter - still here.... Hope the wifes job goes well and wish you all the best of luck.....

People I have met - allot lay tile - I have been looking to buy a house all winter - I am picky the worst I imagine - I have had sooo many offers to work on my house (when I buy) by lots of people.

The worst case I can give you -- if your an artist then you have a niche you can create... create your own story in HI .....

Heard someone say yesterday that does tile and lava walls - was offered a job payment would be 2 beers and a sandwich afterwards - he laughed at it but it is allot of slow here now... really that was the payment offer....

Old 04-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Hi Countrygal,
Ya i saw that he/she was posting everywhere after i said thanks. lucky for me I have specialized in my work in mosaic murals and small pieces. I do hve a web site dm me if you want.
thanks for your help.
the interview went well were just waiting for a response cross your fingers!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:57 PM

Just an update!

we will be getting a job offer just have to wait and for how much $$ dunno yet

Old 05-20-2009, 06:53 PM

Aloha,

O K guys I need help! We have received our first non formal offer and its close to what we need not what we want yet. Were working on it

What we need now is a cheap place to live starting with a furnished place that takes 1 large dog. Then We need a longer term rental when our stuff arrives.

If any one that knows the Hilo area pref the north Hilo WE would appreciate the help.

Mahalo

Last edited by KoaKine; 05-20-2009 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 07:35 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,508,473 times
Have you gone through vrbo.com? Remember, from my recent experiences, asking price is nowhere near the real price you will end up paying! Don't send an email. Call the owner/agent, directly.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:09 PM

Thanks mdand3boys ill look right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island