Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 02:18 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,852,904 times

Advertisements

good, itll come in handy the next time I say something that upsets you..which will probably be soon LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 11:33 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,081,755 times
Cockatoos are like the pigeons of Australia. Shouldn't be putting those birds on the childrens head and shoulders though, there is a reason pirates with parrots on shoulder always seem to have an eye patch

Old 02-02-2016, 08:55 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
I would imagine they are full of parasites as well. Most birds are.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:58 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,852,904 times
pvjd, pirates wore eye patches so that one eye was always well adjusted to the dark (no lights in the bows of ships (and caves) (hough im sure some were missing their eye, most that work patches had perfectly good eyeballs behind them lol) im a pirate nut...plus ythbusters did a whole pirate myth episode lol.

but yeah parisites would be a concern and ANY parrot can bite, wild or tame.
but then...we live in a world where folks are so afraid to get dity they are always sick...kids like this are exposed to so much yuck they have super strong immune systems as adults LOL.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:51 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,553,488 times
They remind me of eclectus, but I can't see under their wings. Beautiful find there NK. Wow, I feed our cardinals, bluejays, woodpeckers, and finches, but not anything that exotic. (And they don't eat out of my hands)

Old 02-06-2016, 01:24 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,320 times
I have these parrots in the trees outside

they are everywhere

my friend has cockatoos coming to her yard, they are ENORMOUS the size of a small dog. She sets seed out for them on a platform and down they come.

These birds ARE NOT dangerous - the ones in the vid are half domesticated

Budgies are a smaller version, these birds are no more dangerous than a budgie. the only time they would attack is under stress, not when being fed.

As far as parasites - no! never heard of it! I suppose they do but so do chickens and ducks.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:54 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,081,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
pvjd, pirates wore eye patches so that one eye was always well adjusted to the dark (no lights in the bows of ships (and caves) (hough im sure some were missing their eye, most that work patches had perfectly good eyeballs behind them lol) im a pirate nut...plus ythbusters did a whole pirate myth episode lol.

but yeah parisites would be a concern and ANY parrot can bite, wild or tame.
but then...we live in a world where folks are so afraid to get dity they are always sick...kids like this are exposed to so much yuck they have super strong immune systems as adults LOL.
I still like to believe it is due to having a parrot bite it out, more fun that way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds