Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 06:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,450 times

Advertisements

Hey guys and gals can anyone tel me if 30th st sw Birmingham is safe for kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 06:13 AM

10,513 posts, read 7,110,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwright View Post

Not to me. And I raised three kids in Avondale when it was a pretty sketchy neighborhood.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,450 times
Can you elaborate?

Old 07-07-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Can you elaborate?

https://crimegrade.org/violent-crime...gham-al-metro/

Take this with a grain of salt, but it gives an overview where crime is more prevalent. There are some anomalies. For example, Mountain Brook is designated a high crime area, a completely absurd notion.

Don't get me wrong. Birmingham has a lot of great neighborhoods, but if I have kids, that part of town isn't where I'd want to go.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:20 AM

2,118 posts, read 2,201,773 times
To each it own. Everybody is different. Some people is okay with an area, some or not. Different dynamics comes into place. Some that think I area is safe, others might feel uncomfortable because of other qualities, like bigot people, "Karens", judgmental folks, etc.

Old 07-10-2021, 09:53 AM

157 posts, read 155,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
https://crimegrade.org/violent-crime...gham-al-metro/

Take this with a grain of salt, but it gives an overview where crime is more prevalent. There are some anomalies. For example, Mountain Brook is designated a high crime area, a completely absurd notion.

Don't get me wrong. Birmingham has a lot of great neighborhoods, but if I have kids, that part of town isn't where I'd want to go.
So Glen Iris is dark green rated (A+) so I feel this map is perfectly accurate.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:32 PM

50,484 posts, read 64,372,970 times
My son is taking a job at Stanley/ Black and Decker in Birmingham. I don’t know where that is in town, but I don’t think he’ll be in the office much anyway.

Can someone recommend some apartments with nice amenities that are close to some bars and restaurants? He will be all alone, at least for awhile, and he’s social. I don’t know what the price range is, but he’s pretty thrifty, so as low as possible. He’s in his 40s, so no elderly places or student places.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My son is taking a job at Stanley/ Black and Decker in Birmingham. I don’t know where that is in town, but I don’t think he’ll be in the office much anyway.

Can someone recommend some apartments with nice amenities that are close to some bars and restaurants? He will be all alone, at least for awhile, and he’s social. I don’t know what the price range is, but he’s pretty thrifty, so as low as possible. He’s in his 40s, so no elderly places or student places.

I don't see a Stanley/B&D location in Birmingham. However, if he's single and likes a little nightlife, I would offer that Southside, Downtown, Homewood, and that area would be ideal. Birmingham tends to be more cost-effective than most cities, but there's a bit of a crunch in demand of late.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:08 AM

240 posts, read 216,226 times
Quote:
For kids? no

Old 08-18-2021, 09:53 AM

50,484 posts, read 64,372,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I don't see a Stanley/B&D location in Birmingham. However, if he's single and likes a little nightlife, I would offer that Southside, Downtown, Homewood, and that area would be ideal. Birmingham tends to be more cost-effective than most cities, but there's a bit of a crunch in demand of late.
He found one in 35243, Colony Woods. Not sure how good the location is, but he likes to drive around exploring, and his SO will be visiting often, so they will check out the nightlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area