Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:31 PM

5 posts, read 16,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork View Post
We are moving to b'ham from san francisco to help our uncle open a brew pub downtown(new vulcan ale house). idealy we'd like to rent a 3br/2ba house for around $1100 that isn't too far from downtown. We are also interested in access to public transportation as we dont have a car. what neighborhoods should we be looking at? any/all input is welcomed and appreciated.
I feel sorry for you I live in the san francisco bay area and ive lived in b-ham lol its gonna be a big culture shock..especially coming from liberal san francisco...good luck with your move I centerpoint is a very nice area mountain brook has some nice homes also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 09:51 AM

763 posts, read 3,837,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissyx View Post
I feel sorry for you I live in the san francisco bay area and ive lived in b-ham lol its gonna be a big culture shock..especially coming from liberal san francisco...good luck with your move I centerpoint is a very nice area mountain brook has some nice homes also
Just a difference of opinion but coming from SF - I would recommend the Southside and its bohemian culture over Center Point....

Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 AM

136 posts, read 596,568 times
Check out Southside and the highland area. closer to San Fran than anything else

Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 AM

182 posts, read 901,474 times
If you want a fellow Californian's opinion......

Forest Park, Forest Park, Forest Park! When I moved here from LA, I rented an adorable 3/1 craftsman bungalow in forest park for $1,200 a month (coming from Santa Barbara I thought WHAT A STEAL!)
I was walking distance to V-Richards Home, a little coffee shop, couple of little restaurants, art galleries and a cute consignment shop. I also worked down town at the time and even though I drove (took me 8 minutes to get to work) you could ride a bike or get a scooter and get downdown very easily.

Southside is nice too and closer to the downtown area. I particularly like the 5-points area. I second the Highland area as well. If I scored a place near Rojo I would be in heaven.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:11 PM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissyx View Post
Chrissyx, you must had moved quite a bit by your various post.
When did you live in AL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area