Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,289,448 times

Advertisements

Short and sweet. What I really like is it mentions the 50th Anniversary of the 1963 summer of Civil Rights alongside the new Westin and Todd English restaurant. It IS possible to mix old and new, despite what any detractors say.

14 Best Places to Go This Fall | Fodor's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 09:56 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Its weird how it is almost all of a sudden trendy to put Birmingham on a positive list for something. I am glad we are getting the attention and hope this kind of good press is not just a 15min sort of thing. We cant build a rr park or regions field or westin every year.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM

213 posts, read 404,168 times
14 Best Places to Go This Fall ... in the world! And Birmingham in on the list. Impressive!

Now we can all have a few laughs watching the Birmingham haters flounder around trying to explain this away.

Seriously, there still is much to be done to get this city revitalized. Perhaps not all of it will get accomplished, but it looks right now that at least some of it will happen. In the meantime let's be happy that some influential folks out there are saying good things about Birmingham. Things that might convince people to come and see for themselves just how much good stuff is going on here.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:20 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,373,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatchubawdyabout View Post
nothing wrong with visitng any city, I hope you are aware how Fodor's "works"

it's hyperbole of high order however to really think visiting Bham outranks a ton of other US cities and world cities ti seems to me

Its actually pretty funny...OMG, I cannot wait to go to Birmingham...

Old 08-31-2013, 02:11 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,781,978 times
It says something for their credibility when they suggest visiting Miami in the Fall. The only thing that survives the weather there in the Fall are the bugs. Actually I was in Birmingham one year. It seemed like a smaller version of London. Except for the landmarks it was hard to see the difference........oh wait.......never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
View detailed profiles of: