Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 01:48 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times

Advertisements

I've seen a few out and about. 3 were parked out in front of Chick-Fil-A near the Regions Tower yesterday around lunchtime.

You can download the app and see where all the bikes are and how many stalls there are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 02:31 PM

779 posts, read 1,010,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
So have you guys noticed people out and about riding these? Curious what the response has been like.

I work on 280 unfortunately, so I'm not sure I'll get to use them much.
I tried four different stations today and could not get it to work. The two stations at Railroad Park were frozen. The one in front of Station 121 (former Cityville) was turned off completely. Went to a fourth and there were no bikes. Frustrating but that's just how it is with a launch though. I'm hoping they get it figured out soon because lots of people have been trying to use it today and can't. While there's still a buzz around it, people need to experience it so they'll come back. Btw, I reported the problems.

Old 10-16-2015, 02:37 PM

779 posts, read 1,010,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
So have you guys noticed people out and about riding these? Curious what the response has been like.

I work on 280 unfortunately, so I'm not sure I'll get to use them much.
I tried four different stations today and could not get it to work. The two stations at Railroad Park were frozen. The one in front of Station 121 (former Cityville) was turned off completely. Went to a fourth and there were no bikes. Frustrating but that's just how it is with a launch though. I'm hoping they get it figured out soon because lots of people have been trying to use it today and can't. While there's still a buzz around it, people need to experience it so they'll come back. Btw, I reported the problems.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:12 AM

2,448 posts, read 2,233,471 times
unfortunately I don't think you were alone with experiencing those problems, from what I've heard.

however, I did see at least 4 people on them this weekend (1 downtown and 3 in Avondale), so that's good news.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:13 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,733 times
Ironically, Atlanta is now conversing with officials here in Birmingham on how to get their city bikeshare program off the ground. Birmingham is setting the trend and that is very impressive and makes me proud to be a native of this city.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:27 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Ironically, Atlanta is now conversing with officials here in Birmingham on how to get their city bikeshare program off the ground. Birmingham is setting the trend and that is very impressive and makes me proud to be a native of this city.
True...I wish Jax could get this going as well. I thought about contacting these guys but I just don't have the time to work on it right now.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:35 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
So far so good...

Zyp BikeShare's first week: How many bike rentals, miles traveled? | AL.com

Quote:
Birmingham's bikeshare program averaged nearly 500 checkouts per day in the week after its launch.

So far, Zyp has exceeded expectations and received mostly positive feedback from the community, said Lindsey Gray West, the program's director.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:27 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
I use it now. Had my first rides last week. First bike i had was not in good repair. Rear tire was really underinflated, and the shifting was erratic. And, FYI, I've been riding mountain bike and road racing bikes for 15 years. I know how to shift. It's a seven speed from what I can see, but there was a lot of gears that didn't seem to be in place.

IF ANY ZYP reps are reading this, bike was number 0090.

Got a second bike the next day, and shifted much, much better, and tires were gold! So, I'm chalking that first bike up to just a bad luck of the draw!

Old 11-03-2015, 11:06 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,337,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I use it now. Had my first rides last week. First bike i had was not in good repair. Rear tire was really underinflated, and the shifting was erratic. And, FYI, I've been riding mountain bike and road racing bikes for 15 years. I know how to shift. It's a seven speed from what I can see, but there was a lot of gears that didn't seem to be in place.

IF ANY ZYP reps are reading this, bike was number 0090.

Got a second bike the next day, and shifted much, much better, and tires were gold! So, I'm chalking that first bike up to just a bad luck of the draw!

They 'NEED' feedback and want it. Why don't you go to their website and share yours. Or on your APP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
View detailed profiles of: