Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:05 PM

48 posts, read 262,107 times

Advertisements

we are looking to move to Hoover and have done our search of homes in the area..
What subdvision do you live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 09:31 AM

191 posts, read 712,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally.white View Post
we are looking to move to Hoover and have done our search of homes in the area..
What subdvision do you live in?
We live in the Woodlands. It is a beautiful subdivision.

Moderator cut: Ad links belong in Classifieds forum

We have been in this area about five years. If you have any questions about other subdivisions or schools or anything like that, I'd be happy to help if I can. Are you moving from out of the area?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,872 times
My house has been on the market for 7 months now and we have not had 1 offer. We have it priced at $274,000. It was built in 2007 so it is a fairly new home. We have a single floor plan with cherry hard wood floors in Kitchen and hallway. It has 2100 square feet with a beautiful sunroom attached.
My bathrooms have linoleum flooring. Landscape is great. It is located in Briarwood in Catlettsburg, KY.
My realtor said after dropping from 289,000 that she can get aggressive with this. Any suggestions.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:33 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
My 1st suggestion would be to post this in Kentucky.
My 2nd is to say that you can always sell a house quickly, its just whether you are willing to drop the drop appropriately. If its still on the market after doing what your realtor said, she's obviously wrong.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:48 PM

350 posts, read 1,312,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin bennett View Post
My house has been on the market for 7 months now and we have not had 1 offer. We have it priced at $274,000. It was built in 2007 so it is a fairly new home. We have a single floor plan with cherry hard wood floors in Kitchen and hallway. It has 2100 square feet with a beautiful sunroom attached.
My bathrooms have linoleum flooring. Landscape is great. It is located in Briarwood in Catlettsburg, KY.
My realtor said after dropping from 289,000 that she can get aggressive with this. Any suggestions.
It's a Buyer's market. If you’re not getting any offers, unless you have a Agent that is a complete moron, changing Realtors wont get your home sold. Having your Realtor take out a full page ad in every major newspaper across the nation will not get your home sold. Holding a Open House every weekend will not get your home sold either.

There is only one thing to do to start getting offers – LOWER YOUR PRICE!!! The market does NOT care what you paid for your home or how much you want or need for your home. The market value is what it is and there is noting you can do about it.

Best advice – If you can afford buy a home now, BUY! If you do not have to sell a home now, DON’T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area