Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 07:14 AM

78 posts, read 241,292 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm flying down for the race in a couple of weeks while my friends are driving. We're working to coordinate a plan to meet. But, ideally I would be able to take some form of mass transit from the Birmingham airport to the race track. I haven't seen anything online. Is this possible or does anyone have suggestions for this commute without a car?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 07:15 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklein49 View Post
Hi All,

I'm flying down for the race in a couple of weeks while my friends are driving. We're working to coordinate a plan to meet. But, ideally I would be able to take some form of mass transit from the Birmingham airport to the race track. I haven't seen anything online. Is this possible or does anyone have suggestions for this commute without a car?

Thanks
Sorry. You're going to have to rent a car. Talladega is a good 45 miles outside of Birmingham.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:08 AM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
There is no such thing as public transportation between Talladega and Birmingham. Rent a car or have your friends pick you up.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 AM

78 posts, read 241,292 times
Ok. Thanks for the responses. I didn't know if there was a bus or anything.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:25 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Seeing how motel/hotel prices take a steep jump twice a year due to the races, I'm surprised there aren't shuttle busses.

Surprised no " creative minds" thought of running shuttle busses.
Talladega traffic gets bad on race days, yet no places run shuttle busses ?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:09 AM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Seeing how motel/hotel prices take a steep jump twice a year due to the races, I'm surprised there aren't shuttle busses.

Surprised no " creative minds" thought of running shuttle busses.
Talladega traffic gets bad on race days, yet no places run shuttle busses ?
a) Traffic can get extremely bad and you have your bus stuck for hours and passengers on it. Hello liability issues.
b) The stampede after the race is the same problem. Do you know Talladega airport has take off and landings on a 90 second schedule:>) An average of 1200 on race days.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,397 times
No mass transit. I will be glad to pick someone up and take them to Talladega (the back route) for a fee. Also if you are looking for a place to stay next race, I rent my lake home out for the long weekend.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklein49 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks
Hello there,

I understand that you need transportation services in Talladega, Alabama to the Motor speedway. I am here to help with all of your transportation needs, and offer you the best rates in town for transportation service. We are a full ground transportation company that has a variety of fleet to fit your needs.
I would like to speak with you about how we can be your source of transportation. MTI Limo and Shuttle Services, Inc. (MTI) has provided transportation for churches, schools, organizations and corporations for over 20 years. It would be great if I could hear from you sometime this week. I welcome you to our website at [url]www.mtilimos.com[/url] Limo Services in Atlanta | Atlanta Airport Shuttle Atlanta Limo Service MTI Limos and Shuttle. Feel free to contact me by phone or email; whichever way works best for you!
MTI Limo and Shuttle Service would love to earn your business.

Terrika Currence
Inside Sales Executive
MTI Limo & Shuttle, Inc.
2581 Sullivan Road
College Park, GA 30337
Office: 404-669-0900 ext. 301
Fax: 404.574.2941
“Any Occasion Any Time”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
View detailed profiles of: