Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > coolerqueen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

The Future!!!

Posted 08-30-2011 at 07:46 AM by coolerqueen

i just wrote my personal statement for my residency application. It needs proofreading so i thought i'd post it here. Please do leave feedback and let me know what you like and what i should change.

Let the beauty you love be what you do – there are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth - Rumi
The first time I read this quote by Rumi I felt like he was talking to me. Since I was 5 years old I have wanted to be a doctor. Over the years my definition of doctor has changed....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Here and There

Posted 08-20-2011 at 10:49 PM by coolerqueen

Its been a long while since I last posted on my blog. The reason I'm writing now is that I'm upset. Posting on a blog is such good catharsis!!!

I'm in Cleveland now. I dont miss Atlanta. The place yes but not my friends so much. Time and circumstances change people I guess. I'd like to think otherwise but I now know for a fact that they do.

I have so much to do. I have to get my application for a residency ready by the first and nothings falling into place. I feel so lost!!...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Birthday Blues 2

Posted 08-02-2011 at 12:27 AM by coolerqueen

Yes I'm back! I was too sad to sleep so I watched Modern Family. They always cheer me up!

But today made me realize that maybe I should rethink who my true friends are. My girlfriends didn't call me, didn't wish me in any way and even the friend who im LIVING with texted me from work to wish me happy birthday! Is it me? Maybe there's something wrong with me? Why is it that all my best friends have been guys? Yes I admit i'm more of a tomboy, i did grow up with 4 brothers so my psyche...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Birthday Blues

Posted 08-01-2011 at 07:33 PM by coolerqueen

I hate birthdays! Mine at least. I especially hate this birthday! I'm far away from home, I miss my mama, my brothers, my pets. I want to be with people who care about me and who show it. No, I dont want to be pampered, I just want someone to get me a cake at least!

Hopefully I'll be going to visit 2 of my closest friends and I'll celebrate my birthday then!!

This may sound extremely nerdy but I took an exam yesterday that I had been preparing for for months. Now I feel...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ever wonder?

Posted 07-27-2011 at 05:26 PM by coolerqueen

Have you ever wondered about why or how things happen?

I've always wanted to know how come the icebergs are fresh water yet they were formed in salt water?

Have you ever wondered where the water you're drinking has been? We all know that matter can neither be destroyed nor created, hence the water on earth is recycled! Who knows maybe the last glass of water u drank was from Archimedes bathtub? yes disgusting, i know!!!

Have you ever wondered where you would...
Posted in Uncategorized