Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Eternal Identity

Posted 11-06-2023 at 08:23 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Unless we enter into our eternal identities, we will not become instruments for noble purposes. We will not enter into a holiness from Heaven. We will not be useful to God.

"We are workers together with God." - 2 Corinthians 6:1

If we truly follow Jesus, He follows us. When and where the apostles moved, God moved also. Natural effort releases divine effort; the Spirit works where we work.

CONFESS YOUR READINESS TO BE OFFERED

Tell...
Posted in Christianity
Old

November 6, 2023 - Exhortation

Posted 11-06-2023 at 12:11 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"...EVEN NOW whatever You will ask of God, God will give it to You" (John 11:22).

Today, you may be looking at dead circumstances all around you, and if that is the case right now rise up in faith -- speak to that hopeless and lifeless situation. Speak to the Lord in faith -- "Lord, I believe you for an 'EVEN NOW' miracle."

"Behold, I will do a new thing; NOW IT SHALL SPIRING FORTH..." (Isaiah 43:19)

When God calls you forth...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Embracing Our Inheritance

Posted 11-05-2023 at 08:48 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

When we catch a glimpse of this new identity we have in Jesus Christ, we see sin to be the boring, useless, and stupid thing it really is and we turn more easily away from it.

Now we can be effective in bearing fruit that remains through our Christ calling to advance His Kingdom in the earth.* * (see*Romans 8:17; Ephesian 1:7, 11).

We need to spend much more time confessing, not our sins, but who we are in Christ according to the teachings of the apostles.
Posted in Christianity
Old

Cross In The Heavens - November 5, 2023

Posted 11-05-2023 at 08:18 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Awake and arise, for you have slumbered long enough on the bed of disappointment, rejection, pain, and abandonment.
As you come to understand and recognize your Christ identity He will cause you to want to live, to declare the glory of the Lord your God in the land of this living.

Cast aside everything that holds you back, whether it is a broken dream, a broken vision, a broken promise. He has seen the tears, the pain, and the confusion, but He promises you in His Word that...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Strong Food

Posted 11-05-2023 at 04:36 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Are you tired of shallow-water Christianity, and you want the deep things of God -- the strong food that is mentioned in scripture? Are you ready for the deep, deep things of God?

It is so clear that we are not going to attain to those deep things, nor those deep places within us, by reasoning or by surface prayer.

The resurrection, Jesus tells us, is not merely an event; it is a Person -- and He is within us today, ever renewing and drawing us upward toward the fullness...
Posted in Christianity