Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Moving From Strength To Strength

Posted 04-19-2024 at 09:04 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Stand firm and do not be moved! As believers, we are rooted and grounded in His magnificent love. Because Jesus overwhelms our heart as we meditate on His love flowing into our heart so that we can nourish the lives of others with it, we are established in His love and we can have a peace that passes natural understanding. And we have COURAGE, the depth of which is confidence in the Lord – we become a risk taker and get out of the boat and walk on the water.

"And that Christ...
Posted in Christianity
Old

April 19, 2024 - Exhortation

Posted 04-19-2024 at 04:26 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." (Psalm 23:6)

Ask Him! What do you need? What does the destiny He has placed in you require? Dream with Him again. Go back to the drawing board and believe beyond where you have been, and don't stop until what you envision looks impossible. You will now advance and plan -- move out of lack and into more than enough! Pioneer again with Him!
Posted in Christianity
Old

Moving In A New Direction

Posted 04-19-2024 at 01:25 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

To secure our attention and place us on the pathway God desires, there are strategies that He employs that are very effective. As much as we are not to be ignorant of satan's devices (2 Cor. 2:11), we must be even more knowledgeable of the ways of the Lord (Ps. 25:4). Knowing God's ways will result in us experiencing His mighty acts (Ps. 103:7).

Three ways God works to move us in a new direction:

DISRUPTION OF OUR PLANS

When stuck at an impasse, it is...
Posted in Christianity
Old

April 18, 2024 - Exhortation

Posted 04-18-2024 at 03:37 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"For nothing will be impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)

God is filling you with fresh wonder and eyes to see the possibilities of developing a new Kingdom vision.

Suddenly things will change as God fills you with hope. You will feel the burden and weight you've been carrying lift suddenly, and you'll be able to breathe deeply and relax. God is shifting your perspective to allow you to see what's possible with Him -- that which seemed impossible before. Excitement...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Outside Of Time Consciousness

Posted 04-18-2024 at 04:03 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

In the flesh, we are confined in time; but not when we get into the spirit. When we are in the spirit, we can see both backward in time and forward. It is then that God can show us a word of knowledge about a person or situation or a "forward" which is a prophecy. A word of wisdom for us, or someone, could also be considered a "forward." This is because we have His Spirit in us and Ecclesiastes says that eternity is in us. "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also,...
Posted in Christianity