Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Switchblog
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Some posts that took some time
Lifestyle
Old

Are Electronic Cigarettes Safe

Posted 02-07-2018 at 01:59 AM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)

In absolute terms, nothing is, including walking down the street. However, e-cig is 20 times safer than tobacco cigarette, which is enough for all of us who vape.

For a variety of reasons, easily traceable if you follow the money, Big Pharma and Big Government have been trying to equalize vaping and smoking.

Taking into accout their weak arguments, easily disputable by my cat, their success is actually stellar. Just look atthis the table provided by US National Cancer...
Discipula Nostradami
Old

Easiest Way to Quit Smoking

Posted 02-03-2018 at 09:41 AM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)

Bad news - there isn't any. Only hard or none. Until I started vaping this was true for me, but even e-cigarette doesn't work for some people.

However, there are easy ways to push your ineffective quit smoking products if you are Big Pharma. You just shovel your millions into some entirely dull and uninspired advertising. Like this one

Discipula Nostradami
Old

Smoking Unicorns

Posted 01-27-2018 at 02:03 PM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)

Here's is another gem from the tireless well oiled and even better funded anti-smoking workshop. Actually, when I think more about it, it's not really anti-smoking. That's just smoke and mirrors, forgive the bad pun. It is anti-smokers and that's why it bothers me.

"Low cigarette consumption and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke" is a research paper by Allan Hackshaw, Joan K. Morris et al. published at DMJ.

Here's the thing: whether this is biased...
Discipula Nostradami
Old

Five Years of Vaping

Posted 01-16-2018 at 06:57 PM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)
Updated 01-24-2018 at 01:36 AM by switchtoecig

Vaping (or using an electronic cigarette) since August 2012, I can say that my habit of relapsing to smoking after quitting attempts has finally and peacefully - died.

You know the feeling of utter defeat and disappointment with yourself, while you eventually yield and grab that cigarette after a month or more of heroic struggle not to. I'd been there at least half a dozen times. After the last one I quit the quitting. Until I stumbled upon e-cigarette of course. Tobacco became history...
Discipula Nostradami
Old

Smoking Out Candy Thieves

Posted 01-11-2018 at 12:03 PM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)
Updated 01-11-2018 at 12:12 PM by switchtoecig

Dear readers, I can see the future in which everybody is allowed to eat nothing but a prescribed soylent green. Or else. And I'm afraid, with each passing day or bill, our soylent green era is coming closer to our everyday reality.

From cluttered and not easy to read WCPO site: Indiana Bill Would Empower Companies to Test And Fire Employees for Using Tobacco

Quote:
Senate Bill 23, which Brown (Liz Brown, Fort Wayne Senator) sponsored, would repeal a portion of the state
Discipula Nostradami