Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Switchblog
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Some posts that took some time
Other Controversies
Old

Idiocracy of Today

Posted 02-22-2018 at 12:35 AM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)

We live in interesting times. A "wrong" tweet can cost you much. Your job, your social life, even your peace of mind. However, if you are setting someone up for a heart attack on camera, that's just cool.

Am I crazy to think that this is crazy?

Imagine this scene – you are in your car, just stopped at zebra. Another car is waiting next to you. You're alone with your thoughts on latest news talking about the new islamic terrorist attack. There's...
Discipula Nostradami
Old

Offended

Posted 01-29-2018 at 01:47 AM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)

Oh, the unbearable difficulty of switching the channel!

Not a day can go by without someone being offended by some decades old comedy. Remember Del Boy, Grandad and Rodney? Well, someone from younger generations, fondly nicknamed after feathery ice crystals, was offended by Only Fools and Horses. I don't even want to go there and check out...
Discipula Nostradami
Old

How Do You Choose Who And What to Believe?

Posted 12-07-2017 at 09:14 AM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
It's a serious question. And in the proliferation of news and events that has hit you lately, it is IMHO getting more important than ever.

What made me open this thread is that old moon landing debate. But it also could be anything we heard about Trump this morning. Doesn't matter.

Now, re moon landing – several months ago I repeated my argument below a youtube video and it was not based on my knowledge on astrophysics or expertise in space engineering. Which
Discipula Nostradami
Old

What is the most illogical fashion or beauty trend you have come across?

Posted 11-25-2017 at 11:59 AM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)

Where do I even start? :huge rant ahead:

Men's suits today. Like younger brother's 3 size smaller and put on in a hurry. The oposite would be 80's with their scarecrow look. But at least you didn't sweat so much in them, I suppose.

Tatoos on all women and most men. There is one type of guy they look good on. Big, muscular, bald or long haired. Anything gangsta, martial-art or heavy metal - it works. Anything else, it doesn't.

Also those ugly black...
Discipula Nostradami
Old

Bill Clinton and Epstein, pedophile sex scandal!

Posted 11-14-2017 at 04:07 PM by switchtoecig (Switchblog)

From the thread Bill Clinton and Epstein, pedophile sex scandal!

You can't really know that, can you?

So far, you've got crazy Alex Jones and a couple of other (little less but still) unreliable sources. So was Bill raping minors? Or was it Donald? Was anyone? How can you tell? You can't. Not yet.

What do you know so far?
1. Epstein convicted pedophile rapist got a very light sentence in a prison that was more like a hotel. Not the category of...
Discipula Nostradami