Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > txtqueen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Moving out.

And yes, we have been sharing money for like the past 5 months, since I have bills to pay and he only has rent/utilities and a cheap phone bill he buys more of the groceries and things like that.
  2. Old Comment

Moving out.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Comment
    Moving costs: His should be minimal since he doesn't own any furniture. His clothing and stuff can just be loaded into the back of your car.

Sounds like you have a lot of stuff since you said it will take you a week just to pack the truck. Save your money for the truck rental and gas.

Or are you pooling your money already?
    He has to move a king sized bed from his parents house. I don't have much to pack now that we discussed what all we're taking.

He has his clothes, two TV's which are both huge, ones for gaming and ones for tv watching so now we don't need my tv.

So were taking:

His:
    Two tv's
    Clothes
    golf clubs
    pillows
    vacuum
    playstation
    bike
    DVD player
    king sized mattress his parents gave him(sheets included)

Mine:
    Night stand(s)
    Two lamps, one floor lamp
    King sized bed frame/headboard set up(used to be my mom's, she got rid of her king size bed and got a queen)
    Tv stand
    mini fridge
    hanging closet shelves
    clothes
    possibly my wood dresser, if not then my plastic stacking ones
    all my pillows & two comforters (we don't have a king sized one yet)
    some chairs, one papasan and one similar one

And if we have room for a couch my mom is giving us this 3 piece couch, hopefully it fits.

He and I are working on it tomorrow. Hopefully it only takes us the two days I am off to get everything packed up and ready to put in the truck moving day.
  3. Old Comment

Ending up in jail..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by txtqueen View Comment
    2. **** happens.
    Last speeding ticket I got was going 19 over but there was no speed limit sign up yet and I was going with the flow of traffic, then a week later there was a speed limit sign up and if that sign had been up when I got pulled over I would have only been going 9 over.
    I've been thinking about this.

**** happens is when you drop a piece of bread on the floor and it lands butter side down.

Speeding is NOT **** happens. Repeated tickets are NOT **** happens.

(And all the rest about the sign is just your refusal to take responsibility for speeding and racking up tickets.)

And if you get enough tickets they won't hesitate to suspend your license. If you drive on a suspended license and get pulled over for speeding you CAN go to jail.

See how this works?

A little more responsibility and a little less **** happens would be a sign you are becoming an adult.
    Updated 05-02-2012 at 03:49 PM by DewDropInn
  4. Old Comment

Moving out.

Quote:
    Wait. YOU paid $200 to "the troll" for rent and told him to save his check for the move? Why didn't he pay the $200 from his own paycheck and you save your own money for the move?

Didn't he have the $200? If not, I hope you get that basement soon because his sister will probably not kick you out for non payment of rent as fast as a "real" landlord. Hopefully.
    Yes, I make more than he does and I have been staying there for the past 5 months, eating the food and using the shower etc etc and I told him to save the $200 because he needs to have his first months rent for his sister saved up and I got my taxes back and it was a lot.
    I still have a TON left over because I got my state on the 24th, my federal on the 25th and my paycheck on the 26th, so I have plenty left over.
  5. Old Comment

Moving out.

Moving costs: His should be minimal since he doesn't own any furniture. His clothing and stuff can just be loaded into the back of your car.

Sounds like you have a lot of stuff since you said it will take you a week just to pack the truck. Save your money for the truck rental and gas.

Or are you pooling your money already?
  6. Old Comment

Moving out.

Wait. YOU paid $200 to "the troll" for rent and told him to save his check for the move? Why didn't he pay the $200 from his own paycheck and you save your own money for the move?

Didn't he have the $200? If not, I hope you get that basement soon because his sister will probably not kick you out for non payment of rent as fast as a "real" landlord. Hopefully.
    Updated 05-02-2012 at 09:04 AM by DewDropInn
  7. Old Comment

Why do I not want to be a cop?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maciesmom View Comment
    Missed the point completely. You still are getting something out of blaming her for what is wrong in your life. At what point are you going to own your mistakes as well as your successes? All I hear from you is blaming your mom for what is wrong and patting yourself on the back (or TG) for what you see is right.

ETA - when you start accepting that responsibility, and make actual real progress toward some kind of accomplishment with a job or career. Something that you wanted, worked toward and earned, then you'll realize how good that real accomplishment feels and that you can acheive it, regardless of the past. Until then, you'll be content using her as an excuse.
    I don't need an accomplishment with a job or career right now.
    My mom hasn't really stunted me in those areas, she socially stunted me mentally and emotionally to the point its been really hard socially on me sometimes.

My greatest accomplishment is being in a relationship with some as long as I have and finally being able to break through some of that mental and emotional stuff that affected me so much and be moving in with a guy because of all the work I put into the relationship and the progress I have made in this area. This right now is a huge accomplishment and I am very happy with this one.

My school and career accomplishment will come in time once I am done with school, until I will work on it as much as I can.
  8. Old Comment

Quote:
    Missed the point completely. You still are getting something out of blaming her for what is wrong in your life. At what point are you going to own your mistakes as well as your successes? All I hear from you is blaming your mom for what is wrong and patting yourself on the back (or TG) for what you see is right.

ETA - when you start accepting that responsibility, and make actual real progress toward some kind of accomplishment with a job or career. Something that you wanted, worked toward and earned, then you'll realize how good that real accomplishment feels and that you can acheive it, regardless of the past. Until then, you'll be content using her as an excuse.
    I never said that I still blame her for anything career or school related. I know I need to go to school and start a career.

The things I blame her for are deeper than that and emotional, things that are pretty hardwired into me even today. Like being extra sensitive when it comes to things getting to close to my face, how flinchy and skiddish I can be because of her hitting me in the face all the time.
    How whipped and passive I act. I am so used to agreeing with my mom simply to agree with my mom as to not start a fight I do that with everyone, I can never have a conflicting opinion or speak up for myself, which is something TG is trying to get me to work on.

There is a lot more.

And you know what I am actually the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. Last night after I warmed up to those shorts and saw how I do look good in them, I must have had the biggest smile on my face because TG pulled in and gave me a kiss and he said something about how happy I looked and how it felt real and genuine and that he loved to see me happy and confident about something.
    He breaks me out of this shell I have formed from years of listening to my mom degrade me. I live in this little small world and don't do anything that would get criticism, he helps me break out of that and try things I want to try and stop doing everything to appease my mom.

Just in the past year:
    -I have gone from almost 150 down to 125.
    -A size 10/12 to a size 4.
    -I have started eating healthier.
    -I have started an amazing relationship with an amazing man who makes me really happy.
    -I am finally moving out of my mom's house and taking the relationship to the next level with that amazing man.
    -I have found a job that provides me with enough that I can split rent and things with someone and be fine.
    -I get out more and I am 100% more active. We play disc golf, we go to the dog park, we go for walks around town.
    My life has done total 360 from sitting at my mom's house with a part time job and never going anywhere.
  9. Old Comment

Updated 05-01-2012 at 05:54 PM by maciesmom
  10. Old Comment

Quote:
    You have the forgiving and the forgetting thing mixed up. To move forward you'll need to figure out how to move ahead rather than dwell on the past. It doesn't mean you're admitting that she was right, simply that she most likely did the best she knew how under the circumstances. Not forgetting, means that you will do your best to not repeat what you consider her mistakes when you are a parent or in other situations. Honestly though, I think you enjoy the drama and attention you garner from continuing with the not forgiving. You'd rather put her down than forgive her. Even if it means it's holding you back. Hopefully, one day, you'd rather move ahead than be angry at her.
    I still suffer from self-esteem issues because of things she's said to me.
    I don't even talk to my mom anymore. I talk to my brother and he spend a lot of time with me and TG but I do not talk to my mom very often at all. She is always negative and always puts me down, she didn't even congratulate me when I told her the big news. I got more response from acquaintances at work than I did her. So I'm not running around putting her down, I don't see her, I don't talk to her and I don't think about her. I go about my life, getting over my issues with my self esteem and building myself as the person I want me to be.
  11. Old Comment

You have the forgiving and the forgetting thing mixed up. To move forward you'll need to figure out how to move ahead rather than dwell on the past. It doesn't mean you're admitting that she was right, simply that she most likely did the best she knew how under the circumstances. Not forgetting, means that you will do your best to not repeat what you consider her mistakes when you are a parent or in other situations. Honestly though, I think you enjoy the drama and attention you garner from continuing with the not forgiving. You'd rather put her down than forgive her. Even if it means it's holding you back. Hopefully, one day, you'd rather move ahead than be angry at her.
  12. Old Comment

Quote:
    I really, truly hope some day you'll learn that forgiveness is the greatest gift you can give YOURSELF.
    Why? Forgiveness is letting the things in the past go. Those things in the past are why I am the way I am today.

TG helped me pick out some shorts at the mall last night. I have no summer clothes that fit me (all too big) from all the weight loss and Thursday we are packing up my room and I am taking all my old clothes to Platos Closet and getting money for them. Anyways, I am done to a size 4, I am 125, so I am pretty thin now but mentally I am not over it, I see myself in the mirror as pretty skinny but whenever I wear clothes that are things skinny people can pull off I still feel fat when I wear them.

I got a new pair of white denim shorts in a size 4. I thought they were too short because I still have this mind set of nothing looks good on me in my head, (TG is aware of the emotional damage done by my mom) and it took him convincing me to leave the store and then a few hours of him telling me I looked fine and to stop being ridiculous. I was in his room looking in the mirror and he told me "those look really good on you" and I was like "yes I love these shorts, you were right." He asked me what my mom would say about them and I replied with phrases I've heard her say before in my best voice to mimick her and when I stopped he looked at me and was like "are you ok?" and I was like "yeah, she really ****ed me up didn't she".

I obviously am not over it, I am not over the things what were said or done and until I am I can't forgive her. Until I am ok with myself and I get it in my head that I am not who she thinks I am, I am not all the names she's called me I simply can't get over it.
  13. Old Comment

Quote:
    Anyways. No, I don't want to forgive her. I will forget, put it out of my mind but I refuse to forgive, I can't forgive someone while they still are doing the same things that hurt me in the past.
    I really, truly hope some day you'll learn that forgiveness is the greatest gift you can give YOURSELF.
  14. Old Comment

Moving out.

But yes, we've talked about the topic of marriage and I think one day itll be a big possibility.
  15. Old Comment

Moving out.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Comment
    Has he mentioned marriage texty ?
    Well, he's talked about wanting the right woman and awhile back he said he didn't want to be dating for fun, he wanted to be dating seriously and that he wanted to make sure he was with the right person when it came to getting married.

He said to me last year moving in would be something serious and that he wasn't going to do it unless he was absolutely sure he wanted to.

This kind of brought us to a whole new relationship level. Living together is a HUGE step and I do have to admit, there are a few butterflies in my stomach.....luckily they haven't started mating yet and I am still more excited than nervous.

I know he is looking to settle down and getting married within the next few years and I really hope we both stay on the same page with each other.

He still worries about me being messy because I basically live out of my car and a back pack but llast night I paid $200 to the troll for rent (I just got my tax return and told him to save some of his check for the move instead) and he was like its not that bad its like you've been living here for 4 months anyways. And he worries about me saving money too.

But since I already stuck a lot of my check and tax refund into savings he's seen that I CAN do it.
    And once we move in and everything will have a place to go he'll see that I can be neat and clean and I always plan on having laundry clean and everything picked up and nice and neat.

It's going to be a lot of fun.
    And finally I can come home after a long day at work and not have to wait for his roommate to go to bed. I can just come in go to our area and finally be able to try and get some decent sleep.
  16. Old Comment

Moving out.

Quote:
    Like I said its a nice set up and hopefully this just brings him and I even closer together and one day we get married.
    Has he mentioned marriage texty ?
    Posted 04-29-2012 at 02:28 PM by ~HecateWhisperCat~ ~HecateWhisperCat~ is offline
  17. Old Comment

Quote:
    Whether or not I am a hippie should not matter to you.

And, no, I am not trying to show you the way because I cannot show you the way. Your vibes are off. Sorry.

Learn to forgive. Start with your mother. I CAN tell you that is the first step.
    Well I was just curious. It wouldn't shock me it makes sense with my mental image of you.

Anyways. No, I don't want to forgive her. I will forget, put it out of my mind but I refuse to forgive, I can't forgive someone while they still are doing the same things that hurt me in the past.
  18. Old Comment

Whether or not I am a hippie should not matter to you.

And, no, I am not trying to show you the way because I cannot show you the way. Your vibes are off. Sorry.

Learn to forgive. Start with your mother. I CAN tell you that is the first step.
  19. Old Comment

Moving out.

Quote:
    Oh, it is. Missed it. Good. Most excellent in fact.
    Like I said its a nice set up and hopefully this just brings him and I even closer together and one day we get married.
  20. Old Comment

Quote:
    No. I was illustrating another example of your very un-hippie-ish way of thinking and behavior. If you were a hippie you would never have THOUGHT of telling me how to think. Just guiding you on the path to true hippiness and enlightenment. Your journey will be far.

You are responsible for your own happiness, txtqueen. Good karma comes from within. Not from others.
    Wait, so you're trying to show me the path to hippiness??
    Sorry I got like 4 hours of sleep, I can't comprehend much right now?
    Does that mean you are a hippie if you're trying to show me the way?