Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > txtqueen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

I moved out.....Now what?

Your math is way off. If you make 11$ an hour, working 40hs a week, there is no way your income would come up to 660 EVERY week.

Hell, I make 16.50 an hour and I have been doing my line of work for awhile- please tell me that there is no way you and TG have jobbed hopped and are making more than me o_O

Quote:
    Originally Posted by txtqueen View Comment
    He had a gap in employment from his last job to this one and their pay period runs funny so he won't get his first check till the 15th of this month.
    Things have been rough and its been just my paycheck right now but I get paid the 7th and then he gets paid the next week and then I get paid the week after that and then that week after that he gets his first full check and from there on we'll never hurt for money because we'll be getting paid EVERYWEEK, EVERY.....WEEEK! 660 my week and like 900 his week or something in that area. OH EM GEE.

But yeah just this past few weeks has been difficult but once its TWO incomes and not my 11/hr we'll be so much better off, then our financial plan will make sense but right now we have like maybe $10 till Wednesday and we need that for gas but my stuff for my laptop I think comes in wednesday so after I drop TG off after work I can go get my check since I'll be close to my main office, drive back to town, cash it and run over to the post office and see if my packages are in and just do it in store for both him and I, since he needs his done too.
  2. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Comment
    If that's true, about having no energy, seriously think about putting off having kids for a long while. Six hours a night and waking at 6am will seem like you had a weekend at a luxury resort after kids.

Also, dude, if you have trouble finding a dollar for your change of address paperwork, rethink that good financial planning statement on your earlier blog entry.

It's just been really really hectic.
    Getting up at 6am everyday m-su, not getting to bed until like 10pm or later, sometimes 1am or so, he isn't as tired as I am since I drive to work Sa and Su and he sleeps till about 8 or so those days and he gets his weekend.

But once things settle down a little and if I get this job I am going for we'll work the same hours, he'll be off work sa and sun and i'll be off su and mo and he'll work 8-5 and I'll work 9-6 and we'll both be getting home at a reasonable time, eating dinner, relaxing and going to bed by 10pm and getting enough sleep.

And we don't plan on kids for awhile anyways.

Some days are better than other.
    During the week I can go back home after dropping him off and nap if I want to, sometimes it helps but usually I have so much to do that I can't and working 24 hours in two days takes a lot out of you too.
  3. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Comment
    If that's true, about having no energy, seriously think about putting off having kids for a long while. Six hours a night and waking at 6am will seem like you had a weekend at a luxury resort after kids.

Also, dude, if you have trouble finding a dollar for your change of address paperwork, rethink that good financial planning statement on your earlier blog entry.
    He had a gap in employment from his last job to this one and their pay period runs funny so he won't get his first check till the 15th of this month.
    Things have been rough and its been just my paycheck right now but I get paid the 7th and then he gets paid the next week and then I get paid the week after that and then that week after that he gets his first full check and from there on we'll never hurt for money because we'll be getting paid EVERYWEEK, EVERY.....WEEEK! 660 my week and like 900 his week or something in that area. OH EM GEE.

But yeah just this past few weeks has been difficult but once its TWO incomes and not my 11/hr we'll be so much better off, then our financial plan will make sense but right now we have like maybe $10 till Wednesday and we need that for gas but my stuff for my laptop I think comes in wednesday so after I drop TG off after work I can go get my check since I'll be close to my main office, drive back to town, cash it and run over to the post office and see if my packages are in and just do it in store for both him and I, since he needs his done too.
  4. Old Comment

Quote:
    He is getting his own car, hopefully within the next few months, so maybe I can start sleeping in on my days off. Just till 8am, all I ask. 6am every single day of the week is draining every last ounce of energy. Lol.

Posted 06-03-2012 at 09:03 AM by eastwesteastagain eastwesteastagain is offline
  5. Old Comment

Amazing news!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Comment
    You know, you don't save for unnecessary purchases (camping gear) until debt is paid off. It is common sense. Just throwing it out there
    Uhm do you know how long it would take to pay of 17,000???
    I am not waiting years to start buying camping gear.
    I can pay her $100-$200 a month and still save a little money for camping gear, his car and stuff for our bed.

People who have car payments don't stop buying other stuff just because they have a car payment. They still save up for other things they want.
  6. Old Comment

Marriage and Children

Quote:
    What about groceries? Renter's insurance? Emergency fund? Paying back your grandmother? Budget for gas, vehicle maintenance? Monthly budget for work/personal clothing?

For two people with one car, your 1K budget when making 3k seems off with bills you haven't even listed
    We're renting from his sister, living with her.
    We have $730 that covers rent, our portion of utilities, cable/internet, HOA, sewer/water/trash etc.
    $80 for my cell phone.
    $80 for my car insurance.
    gas varies.
    groceries vary
    But between the $730 and the $160 that's 890.
    Leaving $110 for groceries, which could last him and I a month.
    But the 2000 COVERS that other stuff. The 2000 is saving/spending money. The $1000 covers the essentials.
    But we plan on saving the majority of the 2000, which will go towards any emergency or whatnot and then the "free spending money" every month will go to clothes if we want them and we have some big ticket items that we are purchasing. Camping stuff, his car and a bed set since the dog ate our fitted sheet and we're using one that pretty much fits over the pillow top part and isn't deep enough to cover the rest of the mattress.

And I don't plan on buying clothes every month, that's crazy.
    I'm done growing, I have plenty of clothes for summer. I just need some clothes for work if I were to ever get a job where I had to dress in business clothes.
    So until fall rolls around I don't NEED anything. Then when fall gets here, some long sleeve shirts and a few more pairs of jeans will do.
  7. Old Comment

Quote:
    TG needs to get his own car- plain and simple. And you need to quit blaming all of your problems on other people
    He is getting his own car, hopefully within the next few months, so maybe I can start sleeping in on my days off. Just till 8am, all I ask. 6am every single day of the week is draining every last ounce of energy. Lol.
  8. Old Comment

TG needs to get his own car- plain and simple. And you need to quit blaming all of your problems on other people
  9. Old Comment

Marriage and Children

What about groceries? Renter's insurance? Emergency fund? Paying back your grandmother? Budget for gas, vehicle maintenance? Monthly budget for work/personal clothing?

For two people with one car, your 1K budget when making 3k seems off with bills you haven't even listed

Quote:
    We're pretty set right now.
    We're bringing in nearly $3000 a month between the two of us once his second paycheck hits, the first one will be small since its the first check but the others will be full checks.

But we can pretty much cover our expenses with about $1000, our SET expenses. Rent/utilities/cable/internet is all bundled into $730, my cell, my car insurance all fits with in the $1000.

But that means we pretty much have like $2000 after that where the majority can go into savings, so we have it really easy right now and I am so glad he's a great financial planner when it comes to this stuff because once we get the second car out of the way, the camping gear and the bed we are going to start putting away for even bigger ticket items like housing but he wants to take all this slow he says he have a long time to do the things we want to do so we have at least a year or more to start putting away for a house or whatever, it'll be more like 3 years or so and we could put away a lot during that time.
  10. Old Comment

Marriage and Children

I got married about two months before I turned 21 and had my first and only child when I was 29
  11. Old Comment

Amazing news!

You know, you don't save for unnecessary purchases (camping gear) until debt is paid off. It is common sense. Just throwing it out there
  12. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dorthy View Comment
    I never saw your zip code posted but it was still very easy for me to figure out what town you lived in from the details you posted about it. I am glad to see that you have been more careful lately with refraining from disclosing so many details regarding your location.
    Yeah I have and I don't know why anyone would just come right out and say it, there probably are some people who DON'T know.
  13. Old Comment

[QUOTE=txtqueen;bt49813]I had my zip code up, I never mentioned specifics.
    And that was a slip up, which I went back and changed right away.[/QUOTE]

I never saw your zip code posted but it was still very easy for me to figure out what town you lived in from the details you posted about it. I am glad to see that you have been more careful lately with refraining from disclosing so many details regarding your location.
  14. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Comment
    Ummm... You have chosen to post all sorts of details about where you live, where you work, etc, etc, etc. Maybe you should start thinking about that. (I'm the one who removed tg's name at your request. How did I know his name? You posted it. And you recently bragged about being seen IRL. How do you think that happened?)

Serious advice. Again. Be more careful.
    I had my zip code up, I never mentioned specifics.
    And that was a slip up, which I went back and changed right away.
  15. Old Comment

I removed it. It's up to you to edit your post if you so desire.

Again. Think about what you post if you don't want it broadcast to the world. Because the internet IS the world. It's your responsibility to be smart about what you post.
  16. Old Comment

[QUOTE=txtqueen;bt49803]My great grandmother set it up and saved but she only saved a little over $5000, which was never enough to finish school in the first place.[/QUOTE]

$5,000 is a pretty significant amount of money to do something in terms of getting an education. You could use that in addition to a small amount of loans, apply for grants and pay the rest out of pocket. Like MM said, you could at least get an AA degree with that or a certification like an RN or something like that. You really should not be squandering that money away on things that you can pay for on your own, such as computer maintenance.
  17. Old Comment

Ummm... You have chosen to post all sorts of details about where you live, where you work, etc, etc, etc. Maybe you should start thinking about that. (I'm the one who removed tg's name at your request. How did I know his name? You posted it. And you recently bragged about being seen IRL. How do you think that happened?)

Serious advice. Again. Be more careful.
  18. Old Comment

Quote:
    My great grandmother set it up and saved but she only saved a little over $5000, which was never enough to finish school in the first place.
    You probaby could have at least completed your AA if you went to schoo FT worked PT and lived at home. Bonus being you'd have been busy and out of the house and away from your mom most of the time. And you'd have been done already. What a pity you are more interested in the money than what the money could have provided you.
    Updated 05-31-2012 at 06:24 PM by maciesmom
  19. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dorthy View Comment
    I missed this comment the first time around. What do you mean when you say, "I still have some left"? Have you already spent a lot of your college fund without actually ever going to college? That's sad. Your Grandma set aside money for you to go to college and you've managed to spend that money on what exactly?
    My great grandmother set it up and saved but she only saved a little over $5000, which was never enough to finish school in the first place.
  20. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Comment
    Good news!

You don't have to drive to Littleton. Arapahoe Community College offers classes in Parker.

They even offer Interpersonal Communications! Aren't you happy to know that?
    Thanks for broadcasting this post for all to see.
    I know this already, that location doesn't offer the rest of classes I want.
    And I have already taken IP already, which is why I said I wanted to take something like it.