Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > txtqueen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

I moved out.....Now what?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Comment
    Oh FFS.

It's only a school expense IF YOU'RE GOING TO SCHOOL.

You're only going to school in your head, that doesn't count.

Regardless, it is not adult and self sufficient to go running to your Grandma for less than 50 bucks, whatever it's for.

YOU set that in motion, so your mother's reaction was YOUR fault. If you don't want them interfering, then don't ask them for ****.

You need to find a career path and FOCUS. Willy nilly taking Spanish and whatnot is a waste of money and will look flakey to a prospective employer, when you go to do an internship at something. You need to save your money for when you go work for someone for nothing, which is how you start out in a career these days.

You need to not be worrying about camping and Spanish, keep your bed on the floor like every other broke 20 something and FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE.

A lot of jobs WANT you to be able to speak spanish.
    Also taking those classes I listed would look good.
  2. Old Comment

Good news!

You local CC is close to your home.

They even offer Interpersonal Communications! Aren't you happy to know that?
    Updated 05-31-2012 at 06:51 PM by DewDropInn
  3. Old Comment

[QUOTE=txtqueen;bt49706]I can just use the college money now. [B]I have some left[/B].[/QUOTE]

I missed this comment the first time around. What do you mean when you say, "I still have some left"? Have you already spent a lot of your college fund without actually ever going to college? That's sad. Your Grandma set aside money for you to go to college and you've managed to spend that money on what exactly?
  4. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by txtqueen View Comment
    No, she doesn't have to approve.
    It's my grandmothers checks and my college fund.
    She has no say in the matter, if my grandmother says do it, there is no "approving" for her to do. She has no say.

The only reason she has those checks is because they are linked to my grandmothers account. My grandmother transfers X amount into her account from mine, I write a check for that amount and cash it, then go buy school supplies or books. My grandmother gives my mom a check and tells my mom X amount of money (not my college stuff, my grandmothers money) and my mom goes and uses it for bills or groceries.

I need new tires soon, before winter no ifs and or butts about it, its not something I will be running to anyone for but my laptop is a school expense and another thing I realised I really need to take is spanish, I can't communicate with the cleaning crew here at work and I am very limited with jobs by not being able to speak spanish, I need to learn some spanish this summer, that IS one I need to take.
    you knew your mom had the checks. In essence, she does have to approve. If she doesn't, get your #$%^ checks from your mom and be done with it. As has already been said numerous times, YOU started this by not just paying to fix your computer yourself. If you have to go running to grandma for a $50 expense, you'll be out on the street or back at mom's within 2 months.

BTW, taking TG's laptop to work isn't the only way to take online classes. Most people work while they're at work, and take classes after work.
  5. Old Comment

[QUOTE=FinsterRufus;bt49750]Oh FFS.

Regardless, it is not adult and self sufficient to go running to your Grandma for less than 50 bucks, whatever it's for.

YOU set that in motion, so your mother's reaction was YOUR fault. If you don't want them interfering, then don't ask them for ****.

You need to find a career path and FOCUS. Willy nilly taking Spanish and whatnot is a waste of money and will look flakey to a prospective employer, when you go to do an internship at something. You need to save your money for when you go work for someone for nothing, which is how you start out in a career these days.

[B]You need to not be worrying about camping and Spanish, keep your bed on the floor like every other broke 20 something and FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE[/B].[/QUOTE]

Yes, to all of this. The bolded makes me want to stand up and clap.

Txt, you are so lucky that you have a free ride to college and you have yet to take advantage of that. It hasn't, however, stopped you from taking advantage of your Grandma. You complain that your mom is so lazy and that she lives off of your Grandma's money. Do you really want to go down that road and be that person because that is exactly where you are headed.
  6. Old Comment

[QUOTE=txtqueen;bt49729]OMG.
    No id be taking it to work to do school classes.
    Leaving him with out his computer all day on the weekends and at night during the week, which is now the only time he is home. It wouldn't be fair to him to ALWAYS be without his laptop because I was taking it to do school.

And my grandmother, I told you, my laptop is a school expense. I got dell to send me another copy of windows vista and then it was like $46 to replace the worn out parts, in a week I will have a functioning laptop and can take the conversational spanish class I really need, there is a large population of spanish speaking people here and I can't communicate with them.[/QUOTE]

But you're not in school so there's no need to make it sound like you could never get it fixed in time for school if it wasn't for your Grandma helping you out. If you can't save up $46 in a couple of weeks then you have a budgeting problem.

Don't throw your college money away on random classes. Talk to an advisor and make a plan.
  7. Old Comment

If you want your mother to no longer have any control over your life, become 100% financially independent. Moving out doesn't mean jack unless you are willing to sever all financial links. It doesn't matter that it's your grandmother's money, you opened the door to your mother getting involved. That's the way of the world - if you want to not deal with someone else's opinion at all, then find a way to do it all on your own. Here's an exercise for you: forced choice - which is more important to you, the financial help from your grandmother or your mother having no awareness of or say in your life? The answer to that question will tell you what to do next, either tolerate your mother's involvement or figure out how to make it completely on your own.

ETA: Doing it completely on your own means that you will have to focus exclusively on "needs," not "wants." Some of the things we think we "need" we can actually live without, at least in the short term. Are you willing to live like that? Because that is what it takes to get others to have no say in your life.
    Posted 05-30-2012 at 06:32 AM by eastwesteastagain eastwesteastagain is offline
    Updated 05-30-2012 at 08:07 AM by eastwesteastagain
  8. Old Comment

Oh FFS.

You need to not be worrying about camping and Spanish, keep your bed on the floor like every other broke 20 something and FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE.
  9. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dorthy View Comment
    It's already been bought? By who?

I have no idea why you are explaining your and TG's work schedules. If you need something to do at work, bring a book or a magazine. Having to go without a computer for a few hours is not a big deal.

If you're asking people for money to fix things for you then don't be surprised when they get involved in your business and treat you like a child. It is what it is.

OMG.
    No id be taking it to work to do school classes.
    Leaving him with out his computer all day on the weekends and at night during the week, which is now the only time he is home. It wouldn't be fair to him to ALWAYS be without his laptop because I was taking it to do school.

And my grandmother, I told you, my laptop is a school expense. I got dell to send me another copy of windows vista and then it was like $46 to replace the worn out parts, in a week I will have a functioning laptop and can take the conversational spanish class I really need, there is a large population of spanish speaking people here and I can't communicate with them.
  10. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Comment
    You knew your mom had the checks. You knew your mom would pretty much have to approve the request. If you had 2 nickles to rub together you could just get it fixed yourself. That is what being on your own is about. Unexpected expenses come up all the time.

last week our garage door opener quit working. That was $500. Just like that. Do you think we went running to our parents for help?
    No, she doesn't have to approve.
    It's my grandmothers checks and my college fund.
    She has no say in the matter, if my grandmother says do it, there is no "approving" for her to do. She has no say.

The only reason she has those checks is because they are linked to my grandmothers account. My grandmother transfers X amount into her account from mine, I write a check for that amount and cash it, then go buy school supplies or books. My grandmother gives my mom a check and tells my mom X amount of money (not my college stuff, my grandmothers money) and my mom goes and uses it for bills or groceries.

I need new tires soon, before winter no ifs and or butts about it, its not something I will be running to anyone for but my laptop is a school expense and another thing I realised I really need to take is spanish, I can't communicate with the cleaning crew here at work and I am very limited with jobs by not being able to speak spanish, I need to learn some spanish this summer, that IS one I need to take.
  11. Old Comment

[QUOTE=txtqueen;bt49719]No. It's already been bought, I should have the stuff by the 4th.

TG has a laptop but I can't take his laptop to work with me, on tuesday and wednesday he gets home from work at 5 and I am at work till 11, he wouldn't have it at all then and I am at work from 7am-7pm sat and sun, and he is off on the weekends and I would have it all day then too. Which isn't fair to him.I need my own laptop that I can take to work with me everyday and on the weekends, so I am not keeping his from him all the time.

There would only be three days of the week he could actually use his laptop and it would only be after work.

My college fund IS FOR classes, books, supplies and things like fixing my laptop, my college fund was also used on my explorer stuff too.

It's none of my mom's business what I do with my college fund. So for her to be putting her nose in my business trying to step in and control how things are being handled between me and my grandmother is wrong. She needs to back the **** down and learn the new dynamic here. She's the mother, I am the adult child who isn't living at home, therefore means she needs to **** and quit trying to still control me.

Everyone says when you move out you can do what you want and make your own rules and mommy and daddy can't do ****. I am calling bull**** on this, she's STILL trying to call the shots.[/QUOTE]

It's already been bought? :confused: By who?

I have no idea why you are explaining your and TG's work schedules. If you need something to do at work, bring a book or a magazine. Having to go without a computer for a few hours is not a big deal.

If you're asking people for money to fix things for you then don't be surprised when they get involved in your business and treat you like a child. It is what it is.
  12. Old Comment

I'm serious. You hand in a paper using the grammar you use on line and you won't pass. (If this "online course" is at any type of legitimate school.)

Spend some of Granny's money on a book called "The Elements of Style".

End of free advice because I can guarantee you that you will HATE what I tell you about your tale of woe with Mommie and Grandma.
  13. Old Comment

Quote:
    I said like interpersonal communications or something, reason why I said that class in particular was because I have taken that one already and i want to take a similar class like that that revolves around communicating with people in the work place and working on those skills and learning how to run or manage somewhere. Those classes that help with communicating and managing an office.
    Which means you hadn't even actually looked at tbe catalogue of classes until you wanted to justify your computer expense. You're not that interested in the classes themselves but in the cash you can get out of your grandmother. Which is exactly what I said at the beginning.
  14. Old Comment

Maybe we should have been more specific. Moving out doesn't mean squat if you still have to ask your mom or your grandma for financial help. you ***** and complain that your mom lets your grandma support her, but you do the same thing. the first little unexpected expense and you run to grandma. that's not supporting your self. You are already indebted to your grandma for your car. If I were her, I wouldn't give you any money either.
  15. Old Comment

No...not when you move out...when you support yourself. If you were spending your own money your grandmother or mother wouldn't be involved. The minute you ask them for money, then tney are involved whether or not you like it.
  16. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maciesmom View Comment
    Ah....what happened to Interpersonal Communications? You're changing your tune to fit your story.
    Meet with an advisor. Make a plan. Start in the fall. Pay as you go. Stick with the program.
    I said like interpersonal communications or something, reason why I said that class in particular was because I have taken that one already and i want to take a similar class like that that revolves around communicating with people in the work place and working on those skills and learning how to run or manage somewhere. Those classes that help with communicating and managing an office.
  17. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Comment
    You might want to think about Grammar and Composition 101.
    Minor slip.
    I am usually better with that kind of stuff.
  18. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dorthy View Comment
    Wow, txt. You have a blog and I actually clicked on it and read it.

If you want to be treated like an adult and receive all of the privileges and respect that go with the title, you have to actually be an adult and take charge of your life and be responsible for yourself when issues arise. Asking your Grandma to fix this for you is not very mature. There are libraries all over the place. Go to one and use a computer until you have the money to fix yours. If it's so cheap you should be able to save up in no time at all.
    No. It's already been bought, I should have the stuff by the 4th.

TG has a laptop but I can't take his laptop to work with me, on tuesday and wednesday he gets home from work at 5 and I am at work till 11, he wouldn't have it at all then and I am at work from 7am-7pm sat and sun, and he is off on the weekends and I would have it all day then too. Which isn't fair to him.I need my own laptop that I can take to work with me everyday and on the weekends, so I am not keeping his from him all the time.

There would only be three days of the week he could actually use his laptop and it would only be after work.

My college fund IS FOR classes, books, supplies and things like fixing my laptop, my college fund was also used on my explorer stuff too.

It's none of my mom's business what I do with my college fund. So for her to be putting her nose in my business trying to step in and control how things are being handled between me and my grandmother is wrong. She needs to back the **** down and learn the new dynamic here. She's the mother, I am the adult child who isn't living at home, therefore means she needs to **** and quit trying to still control me.

Everyone says when you move out you can do what you want and make your own rules and mommy and daddy can't do ****. I am calling bull**** on this, she's STILL trying to call the shots.
  19. Old Comment

Ah....what happened to Interpersonal Communications? You're changing your tune to fit your story.
    Meet with an advisor. Make a plan. Start in the fall. Pay as you go. Stick with the program.
  20. Old Comment

Quote:
    Both online and both I can do good in.
    You might want to think about Grammar and Composition 101.