Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > txtqueen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

I moved out.....Now what?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maciesmom View Comment
    But if they are not anything you need to accomplish something then it's just a waste of money. Why wouldn't you take the time to find what will actually be beneficial.

Also you don't even know exactly what you're planning to take? "Interpersonal communication or something" does not sound like something a person who has seriously looked at classes.
    Intro to Business and Management.
    Sounds great, sounds beneficial.
    Both online and both I can do good in.
  2. Old Comment

Wow, txt. You have a blog and I actually clicked on it and read it. :p

If you want to be treated like an adult and receive all of the privileges and respect that go with the title, you have to actually be an adult and take charge of your life and be responsible for yourself when issues arise. Asking your Grandma to fix this for you is not very mature. There are libraries all over the place. Go to one and use a computer until you have the money to fix yours. If it's so cheap you should be able to save up in no time at all.
    Updated 05-29-2012 at 08:42 PM by Dorthy (spelling)
  3. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by txtqueen View Comment
    I'm just going to take some stuff like interpersonal communications and things that I can use in the work place.

I dont need to talk to an advisor if I am just taking one or two classes.
    But if they are not anything you need to accomplish something then it's just a waste of money. Why wouldn't you take the time to find what will actually be beneficial.

Also you don't even know exactly what you're planning to take? "Interpersonal communication or something" does not sound like a person who has seriously looked at classes.
    Updated 05-29-2012 at 09:55 PM by maciesmom
  4. Old Comment

I'm with MM. It makes no sense to take a couple random classes when you are almost out of school money, and about 4 years behind anyway. You should figure out exactly what you need to take to finish and transfer or finish an AA, and take only what you need. ETA BTW You can get an AA in medical records or a certificate in Medical Office Technology at ACC. You said you want to work in a doctor's office. Maybe you should be working toward one of those.
    Updated 05-29-2012 at 08:27 PM by Kibbiekat
  5. Old Comment

Someday there will not be a trust fund to fall back on. Then what will you do?
  6. Old Comment

So not planning to work toward anything...just...taking classes. Wait until fall.
  7. Old Comment

Quote:
    Not buying it. You haven't been in any hurry to take classes for 4 years. So wait until fall when you can afford it. Not that difficult.

Not to mention, how would you know what classes you need if as you've stated, you have no idea how manycredits you have and you haven't been in touch with an advisor to make a plan?

Your grandmother may be gullible. I'm not.
    I'm just going to take some stuff like interpersonal communications and things that I can use in the work place.

I dont need to talk to an advisor if I am just taking one or two classes.
  8. Old Comment

Quote:
    Not buying it. You haven't been in any hurry to take classes for 4 years. So wait until fall when you can afford it. Not that difficult.
    I can just use the college money now. I have some left.
  9. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by txtqueen View Comment
    I'm also realizing that I CAN start classes a little sooner than expected.
    A couple weeks ago he didn't have this nice new job, making the money he is making.

NOW, by the beginning of July we'll be bringing in $3000 a month.
    Now it is more feasible to take one or two classes over the summer and then just put like $30 every month back into the account to bring it back up.

Not to mention, how would you know what classes you need if as you've stated, you have no idea how manycredits you have and you haven't been in touch with an advisor to make a plan?

Your grandmother may be gullible. I'm not.
    Updated 05-29-2012 at 08:06 PM by maciesmom
  10. Old Comment

You knew your mom had the checks. You knew your mom would pretty much have to approve the request. If you had 2 nickles to rub together you could just get it fixed yourself. That is what being on your own is about. Unexpected expenses come up all the time.

last week our garage door opener quit working. That was $500. Just like that. Do you think we went running to our parents for help?
  11. Old Comment

Amazing news!

And that will start once TG starts getting regular checks.
  12. Old Comment

Quote:
    I call BS on the "I'm planning on taking online classes that start in a few weeks" BTW.

It was only a couple weeks ago you were claiming that once you and TG settled down and have some money saved etc, then you might start thinking about college again. Now, all of a sudden, your laptop is not working correctly, and you "need" it to take these classes. How conventient. You'd find a way to justify anything you could to soak someone for money to pay for something that wasn't a "fun" thing. I think your mom sees through that and is trying to protect your college fund so that it's there for actual college should you ever grow up.
    I'm also realizing that I CAN start classes a little sooner than expected.
    A couple weeks ago he didn't have this nice new job, making the money he is making.

NOW, by the beginning of July we'll be bringing in $3000 a month.
    Now it is more feasible to take one or two classes over the summer and then just put like $30 every month back into the account to bring it back up.
  13. Old Comment

I call BS on the "I'm planning on taking online classes that start in a few weeks" BTW.

It was only a couple weeks ago you were claiming that once you and TG settled down and have some money saved etc, then you might start thinking about college again. Now, all of a sudden, your laptop is not working correctly, and you "need" it to take these classes. How conventient. You'd find a way to justify anything you could to soak someone for money to pay for something that wasn't a "fun" thing. I think your mom sees through that and is trying to protect your college fund so that it's there for actual college should you ever grow up.
  14. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Comment
    You know how your mom is. You've been complaining about her literally for years on here. You won't change her. The only way to deal with her is to limit your interaction. That means not running to her or your grandma for money. Before you asked for money from grandma, you allowed your mom to try to fix the problem with an illegal download. I'm not saying your mom is right, but you are allowing it.

I should be able to go to my grandmother for anything I want to, advice, help with expenses and school and my mom keep her mouth shut and learn her place in this new dynamic, which is not in control of me anymore.
  15. Old Comment

You know how your mom is. You've been complaining about her literally for years on here. You won't change her. The only way to deal with her is to limit your interaction. That means not running to her or your grandma for money. Before you asked for money from grandma, you allowed your mom to try to fix the problem with an illegal download. I'm not saying your mom is right, but you are allowing it.
  16. Old Comment

Quote:
    Quit giving her ways to control youDeal with your own issues, and she'll have no way to get to you.
    This laptop issue is between me and my grandmother, not my mom.
    My college money is something me and my grandmother handle, it's something WE discuss like adults and come to agreements on, this college money was saved up for me by my great grandmother so I could use it on college expenses, books, classes, and laptop repairs, it's even there for pens, paper, pencils, binders etc.
  17. Old Comment

Quote:
    ***sigh*** your put on your big girl panties and get it fixed yourself, that's what you do. Your mom and grandma are only involved because you chose to get them involved. If you were really living on your own like an adult, you wouldn't go running to them to fix things, you'd do it yourself.
    Or I would use the college money for an education expense like it is intended to be used.

Anyways its not the laptop.
    Its my mom lets focus on my mom thinking she can still manipulate me and control me.

Let's on her CLEARLY overstepping her bounds.
  18. Old Comment

Quit giving her ways to control youDeal with your own issues, and she'll have no way to get to you.
  19. Old Comment

***sigh*** your put on your big girl panties and get it fixed yourself, that's what you do. Your mom and grandma are only involved because you chose to get them involved. If you were really living on your own like an adult, you wouldn't go running to them to fix things, you'd do it yourself.
  20. Old Comment

Quote:
    It's only an education expense if you actually use it for that. If I were your grandmother, I MIGHT be willing to reimburse you AFTER you show that you've actually taken and passed classes. And show me a plan with milestones toward graduations. And, I'd reimburse you incrementally not fully.
    Well I want to start the summer classes in a few weeks.
    I won't have the extra by then. I can't do ONLINE classes without a computer and spending 30 minutes a day is not enough and I can't afford driving out my gas to go to the library which is not close anymore.

But that doesn't matter, everything is being ordered today.

The ISSUE is my mom.
    Someone needs to put her in her place. She can't keep trying to control and manipulate me. I'm 22, a legal adult, out on my own, she no longer can control me.