Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Igor Blevin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

The Morning After

Great Blog

Do people in America have air conditioning in every house, its rare in England but i found Air conditioning repair Gloucester
  2. Old Comment

Picking a Retirement State

I so agree with you about VA. We traveled around there and I love the history and scenery. I thought that the Richmond area would be nice but the way they have elected such scumbags is very off-putting to me. I wanted to move to Prescott but wife wouldn't go. That was back in '12 when prices there were not so high. Now, it is out of the question so will stay in El Paso. Texas is a great state but El Paso is a DEM stronghold and has a welfare mentality which I am sick of. Family has been here for over 100 years but now they are all gone so no need to stay. Wife is 4th or 5th gen Californian but has no desire to go back there. Knoxville would also be on my short list for retirement however the humidity is more that I am used to. Anyway, congrats on your move. Cheers, Rick
  3. Old Comment

I See Tennessee (First Impressions of the State)

Thank you. I am still setting up the new home, so travel is back burner.

This blog will go in fits and starts, with longish gaps when I don't have anything worthwhile to say. It is a long term work in progress. Travel is expensive and happens whenever you get around to it. I don't want to write things here just to write. There has to be something of value I can provide or something I am compelled to share.

Thanks for the comment. I will get to Florida someday, for vacations if not for my home search.
  4. Old Comment

Appreciate your blog! Looking forward to your Florida visit!
    Safe travels!
  5. Old Comment

Thanks for your feedback.

My goal is to inform. I am trying to do that in a readable, entertaining way. Who wants to read dry, dull stuff? Mostly, my goal is to provide insight for people who can’t visit, into the Knoxville area primarily, as well as other home-search cities I visit.

I will be giving Cookeville a deeper look. I am not writing it off after one very limited look. If I had only driven down Kingston Pike in West Knoxville, I wouldn’t like it either.

One thing is that I may not be discussing much about Knoxville and surrounds here on this blog. Most observations will probably be posted to my thread in the Knoxville Forum. “Igor Blevin's, A Native Californian in Knoxville".

https://www.city-data.com/forum/knox...knoxville.html

While I am falling in love with the Northshore area of West Knox, I am still considering outlying areas of Huntsville Alabama, like Florence. I am looking forward to my first look at northern Alabama. I also want to see Fairhope and Orange Beach.

I have a lot of places to search in Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, and possibly Florida.

Thanks again. It is good to hear from you.
    Updated 05-12-2021 at 05:40 AM by Igor Blevin
  6. Old Comment

Loving your blog and totally agree with your assessment of Cookeville. I drove up there last summer and scouted out homes in the area for a day or so. The suburban areas turned very rural very quickly, with very few services (e.g., gas stations, grocery stores) outside the main core. I was very happy to come home to Northern AL.
    Posted 05-10-2021 at 09:58 AM by AnotherBravesFan AnotherBravesFan is offline
  7. Old Comment

Driving from Sacramento to Knoxville - Day 2

Love your blog... Keep it coming! Can't wait for you to get to Knoxville and report on your impressions and experiences.
    Posted 05-03-2021 at 03:39 PM by AnotherBravesFan AnotherBravesFan is offline