Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > "Goodnight John Boy!"
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
I caught an old episode of the "Waltons" last night and it brought me back to my childhood. (Back to "simplier" times!)...My Dad used to call my younger son "John Boy" when he was small. My son loved it! (And remembered it all his life.)...You'd never catch my older son watching old reruns of the "Waltons" or "Little House on the Prairie." But my younger son loved watching these shows because they gave him a "window" into the past. And they were about families...My older son took pride in being a "modern" and "with the times" kind of guy! I'm sure he viewed the rest of us as "old grey mares" because we enjoyed telling "tales" from the past. And taking trips down "memory lane."...My younger son "ate" it all "up" and kept begging for "more" when we started sharing stories from the past. He said this gave him a chance to get to know us even "better." And he loved hearing about life back in the "old days."...Both of my sons are gone now along with my husband and parents and everyone else. I am the only "apple" left on my "family tree." Watching the old episode of the "Waltons" last night helped me feel like I was part of a family again. (And this was sure nice!)
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Countdown to the holidays...

Posted 11-11-2014 at 09:39 AM by CArizona ("Goodnight John Boy!")

I thought I'd start a blog to help me get through the holidays this year..Maybe it will help me perk-up! Hope so!...I'm ready for Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. And, I've already started playing Christmas carols...I really want to get into the "spirit" of the holidays. (Even though my family members aren't with me anymore.)...I don't want to be a grump or a "scrooge!" YUK!!.. I want to look for reasons to be happy and "chipper!" (Despite all of my losses.)...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Time to "own-up" to my grief...

Posted 05-26-2014 at 11:31 AM by CArizona ("Goodnight John Boy!")

Yesterday, I realized that I haven't really dealt with my grief. (My grief over losing my husband and both my sons and other loved ones within a short span of time.)...I'm not "done" with the grief process. I haven't even "begun" to deal with all of my feelings!...So I decided to start a grief-journal to see if this helps me get the ball "rolling."
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Likely or unlikely?...What do you think? Or believe?

Posted 04-13-2014 at 02:34 PM by CArizona ("Goodnight John Boy!")

Likely or unlikely?...What are the "odds" based on history? Or the "odds" based on current data?...What do your "gut-feelings" tell you? What do you predict? Or "assume" will happen?...Have you been "right" more than you've been "wrong?" Or do you average "fifty-fifty" or so?
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Mealtime Memories...Past and Present

Posted 03-31-2014 at 12:50 PM by CArizona ("Goodnight John Boy!")

I was going to name this blog: "Cook-a-Doodle-Doo!" (Just to be silly and have a little fun!)...But the focus isn't going to be solely on cooking. I want to talk about meals...Meals we've shared with family and friends all through the years. Or meals we eat alone...Right now, I'm a "lonely only" (most of the time) when it comes to eating. (Since my husband and sons and other loved ones passed-away.)...I try to make my meals "special" for myself. And "memorable!"...But...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

May flowers?.. Or May "blues?"

Posted 05-09-2013 at 03:02 PM by CArizona ("Goodnight John Boy!")

This will be my first Mother's Day since both my sons passed away...I'm still technically a "mom" even though I don't have any children left or alive anymore...Today would have been my 27th wedding anniversary if my husband was still alive...And both my sons' birthdays are in May too...I don't want to get too caught-up in the "blues" just because May is full of so many special dates and memories...Can't let myself "drown" in self-pity...I bought a chocolate cake today...
Posted in Uncategorized