Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Immeasurably More Than We Ask Or Imagine

Posted 07-18-2020 at 06:26 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand..." (Deuteronomy 28:8).

Notice that YOUR HAND, releases God's provision in your life. God has commanded His blessing on everything you put your hand to do. You may have found yourself in waters that are deep, dark and troubled by the waves of life, but God is reaching down His arm to rescue you. He is your salvation. Moses and the children of Israel even sang a song about...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Thought For The Day - 10

Posted 07-18-2020 at 06:17 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"I write to you to stir up your pure minds by way of rembrance." - 2 Peter 3:1 See how David calls upon himself, "Awake my glory!" - Psalm 57:8. And see how Deborah calls upon herself, "Awake, awake, Deborah, awake, awake, utter a song." - Judges 5:12. Awaking is a word tht implies rousing, as birds that provoke their you ones by flight, to make use of their wings. Now, how few there are that thus call upon themselves? It was the prophet's complaint, no man, "stirreth...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - July 18, 2020

Posted 07-18-2020 at 07:57 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Colossians 1:26,27 - "the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. To them, God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

Pride is the deification of self. To say "Oh, I'm no saint." is acceptable to human pride, but it is unconscious blasphemy against God. It literally means that you defy God to make you a saint. "I am much too weak and hopeless."...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Seeking Communion - July 17, 2020

Posted 07-17-2020 at 07:05 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

John 8:36 - "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

Loose yourself from all entanglements, soul ties, dead works, wrong relationships, wrong mind-sets. Break free from everything that hinders the work of His Spirit in your lives. No weights, no cords, no bindings, no tubes connected or having an access point into your lives.

Be free from all false expectations, man's expectations, religious expectations; every expectation that...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - July 17, 2020

Posted 07-17-2020 at 03:01 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Luke 17:21 - "...for indeed, the Kingdom of God is within you."

God doesn't want you to be conscious of the lack in your natural circumstances. He doesn't want you to live by how much you earn or how much you have in the bank.

God wants you to be conscious of the abundance of resources in His Kingdom. Jesus said that "the Kingdom of God is within you." this means that the Kingdom of God is not some physical place. It is within you and it is where...
Posted in Christianity