Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Old

Meditations On Jesus - July 22, 2021

Posted 07-22-2021 at 12:25 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

The rabble could not disturb Him; death could not corrupt Him; hell could not keep Him; and the grave could not contain Him!

Gravitation could not restrain Him, and God has highly exalted Him and given Him a Name above every name, and at His Name every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that He is Lord of all.

He led captivity captive and gave gifts to men; He brought a stream out of a rock, and fed the people in the wilderness; He fed 5000 with two loaves...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Seeking Communion – July 22, 2021

Posted 07-22-2021 at 12:45 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

God's glory is all around us. We often do not take the time to witness God's glory and meditate on his holiness.

We are consumed with what we want and what is wrong, we don't take time just to cry out to the Lord and appreciate His glory. We should praise God for what he has already done!

Isaiah 6:3 - "And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory."

If we cry out one to another...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Thought For The Day - July 21, 2021

Posted 07-21-2021 at 10:14 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Corinthians 4:13 - "And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I believed and therefore I spoke," we also believe and therefore speak."

People with a spirit of faith always go beyond their present boundaries. They're not afraid to face the unknown. They look out and see something beyond the place where they are. They see God as the supplier of all their desires.

People with a spirit of faith believe God to help them...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Expecting A Condition Of Graace

Posted 07-21-2021 at 12:12 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"And it shall come to pass at that time, [that] I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will He do evil." - Zephaniah 1:12 KJV

"Settled", according to Strongs Concordance, means to become dense. "Lees" means dregs, old settlings! When our hearts do not believe that the Lord is moving in our lives, we turn to other things and become dense, settled...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Praying The Psalms - July 20, 2021

Posted 07-20-2021 at 09:43 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

You, Jesus, are my strong shield, and I trust you completely. You have helped me, and I will celebrate and thank you in song and praise. (Psalm 28:7)

As His anointed, the Lord is my strength and saving defender. (Psalm 28:8)

I am your inheritance, Lord Jesus, Shepherd me and lift me up forever! (Psalm 28:9)

I honor the Lord for the glory of His name and worship Him in the splendor of His holiness. (Psalm 29:2)

The God of glory thunders....
Posted in Christianity