Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Old

Scripture Of The Day - September 24, 2021

Posted 09-24-2021 at 09:41 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Acts 1:4,8 - "He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem but to wait for what the Father had promised. But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you."

This power came through an encounter with God.

Some because of their fear of error, have said it's improper to seek for an experience with God.

For decades the church has been guilty of creating doctrine...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Bold, Passionate, And Extremely Courageous

Posted 09-23-2021 at 09:42 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Matthew 5:13,14,16 -- "You are the salt of the earth......You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

The entire world is poised for swift, radical change. It is imperative that the Church embraces and fully receive a bold anointing once they become conscious of their Christ identity. This anointing will aid us in formulating preparations...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Out Onto The Water

Posted 09-23-2021 at 12:07 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Peter 1:4 - "By which He (God) has granted to us His precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."

Each of us has a promised land for our lives (our Christ calling). God's promises are key to us entering into the vision that God has given us. If you are in a desert God is ready to take you out -- time to move on from eating manna to...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Thought For The Day - September 22, 2021

Posted 09-22-2021 at 01:26 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

We are to desire God, to secure ourselves to Him. We are to desire His presence, to turn toward Him, and to remove anything that would stop us from being in His presence. That is what God means by seeking His face.

It is easy to pray a short prayer and go about your day. Often, it is much more difficult to pray from a place of seeking God and seeking His face. The latter takes time, it takes focus and it takes setting your own agenda aside and surrendering entirely to God alone;...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Praying The Psalms - September 21, 2021

Posted 09-21-2021 at 10:22 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Holy is the Lord who answers my prayers when I call upon Him. (Psalm 99:6,9)

I exalt the name of Jesus and His precious blood and declare His testimonies. (Psalm 99:7,9)

I come before the Lord with joyful singing as I celebrate His everlasting lovingkindness and faithfulness. (Psalm 100:2,5)

I enter His courts with praise and give thanks to Him as I bless the name of Jesus. (Psalm 100:4)

I am restored to the joy of my salvation as I serve...
Posted in Christianity