Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Old

Pursuing God's Vision For Your Life

Posted 09-03-2021 at 04:00 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Matthew 15:14 - "If the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

When you start pursuing God's vision for your life, sometimes you have to change who your close friends are because you're not speaking the same language anymore.

Priority requires that there are people and places that you are going to have to disassociate yourself from if you're going to make it to your dream.

Some people say that...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Seeking Communion - September 3, 2021

Posted 09-03-2021 at 01:17 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

When things are going a different direction, we have to know that our identity is -- to fellowship with the Living God.

We were created to fellowship with Him; and that is to be so intimate, that wherever we are, we feel His breath, His hand, His pleasure. We feel the brush of angels' wings. We're so aware of Him that that's why we go some places, and that's why we don't go other places, because we're aware that He would not be comfortable there, and it would not bring Him pleasure....
Posted in Christianity
Old

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY - September 2, 2021

Posted 09-02-2021 at 09:01 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

We must lie under the authority of every word of God, and we must continually affirm our oneness with Christ -- "walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called" (Ephesians 4:1)

We cannot honor God more than when we are "humbled at His feet to receive His word" (Deuteronomy 33:3) -- than when we renounce the manners of the world to become His "followers as dear children" (Ephesians 5:1) -- and then how should this but tend to the...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Stepping-Up

Posted 09-01-2021 at 09:33 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

The Lord wants to use us, because He said:

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." - Luke 10:19

If Jesus wants to talk today, He's going to have to use your mouth. If He wants to rebuke a storm today, He's going to have to use your mouth, and He's going to have to use your heart in faith.

Who has this power, and what kind of power is it?...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Developing spiritual hearing

Posted 09-01-2021 at 09:31 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

We received our spiritual faculties at the time of our salvation. It is our responsibility to develop these by spending quality time with the Lord, and by cultivating their use.

"He gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increases strength...But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" - Isaiah 40:29;31.

To "wait...
Posted in Christianity