Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:58 AM

623 posts, read 1,612,948 times

Advertisements

By the way... there are plenty of educated, sophisticated, young, vibrant, creative, eclectic, interesting people in Boise. It's just a matter of getting connected to the right social groups and there are plenty to connect to! As a real estate agent, I meet people all the time who moved here and got directed to communities in Meridian where things are very conservative. They wish they had bought in Boise in a closer-in area. Meridian isn't bad, but if you want a more urban lifestyle, you're not going to find it there.

Boise doesn't get "urban" in a fast-paced, high-fashion, late-night sort of way. It's a mountain west city, for pete's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 03:37 PM

674 posts, read 1,459,337 times
Sounds like you're "selling" Boise at the expense of Meridian, Nampa, and Caldwell.

Realtors on this forum come and go... lol.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM

11 posts, read 22,285 times
In light of the different areas that have been brought up.......
Thoughts on them? It seems like Boise is obviously the most "Urban" but how do Meridian, Nampa, Eagle, and Caldwell compare?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingthere22 View Post
In light of the different areas that have been brought up.......
Thoughts on them? It seems like Boise is obviously the most "Urban" but how do Meridian, Nampa, Eagle, and Caldwell compare?
Suburban for the most part, each with their own downtown. Nampa would be the most defined "town" of the four with Meridian being the most like a suburb.

Boise is the most urban but it's more like a big town. If you're expecting Boise neighborhoods to be urban in the sense of Chicago or Seattle, you'll be disappointed.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:46 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post
Sounds like you're "selling" Boise at the expense of Meridian, Nampa, and Caldwell.

Realtors on this forum come and go... lol.
ummmm, this is a website about getting to know a city, and researching it for pending moves, so I don't think it is an issue if realtors post here. I still don't understand why a few people who post here have issue with it, but then those people who ridicule the realtors seem to hate growth.

Hell, when people I know, and I am not a realtor, just a happy Boisean, think about moving to this fine city I always tell them to look at Boise first and then the outlying cities if they can't find the right place to live in Boise. If someone wants to live the Boise lifestyle then they are most likely not going to want to live in Nampa or Caldwell.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM

30 posts, read 80,862 times
Good info here. keep it coming. conservative = Meridian I will check this area out. coming form the liberal belly of the beast = SF. this will be culture shock.
I mean all these things in a good way. just a little worried that when you all see a California plate you will think I'm a tree huggin Obama lovin earth muffin. remember we are not all that way down here.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,653 times
Meridian looks like most California suburbs minus palm trees and Mediterranean architecture.

I've known several California Mormons that have family that have moved to Meridian and Eagle and now they're in the planning stages to move there as well.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 AM

30 posts, read 80,862 times
Whats with the Hard water ? is it well water ? do all homes in the Boise have this problem?

Old 01-07-2011, 05:57 PM

5 posts, read 11,966 times
Some impressions. I think Boise is a nice-sized town, not too big or small. The traffic is pretty laid-back. The people pretty nice generally; a bit shy sometimes but I like that. It's a pretty town. More oxygen than in the O2-starved higher altitudes I was used to. We can breathe more easily as a result.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:08 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by han solo View Post
Whats with the Hard water ? is it well water ? do all homes in the Boise have this problem?
We have United Water (city water) it's not hard. Many have water softeners, I've never understood why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area