Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:46 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times

Advertisements

The landlock thing really got to me after awhile . Lots of positives about Boise, but in the end, between the job situation and feeling isolated, I had to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
YES! The nearest metro is Salt Lake City which is a 6 hour drive from Boise. We do feel very landlocked and I have heard the same complaint from others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 08:50 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,382 times
I relocated here from west coast metro areas and have learned to love it here. I'm now am too deeply rooted to leave, but as I say, "either you're in Boise, or you're NOT in Boise."

Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 7,354 times
I grew up in Utah & Orange County California, I lived in Meridian a suburb of Boise for 8 months. The climate in Boise is Amazing! During the Winter time you feel like you are living in a place that rarely gets cold. When I lived in Utah it would drop into the -10 to -20's and in Boise I remember it only being 30 degrees on a few days during my 8 months I was there. The Summer was nice as it never got above 90 for more than a month.
There is so many fun things to do for families, I enjoy dancing...I would go to the High Desert Swing Club near the Boise Airport on Tuesday Nights and Saturday Nights. I also enjoyed learning different dances from all over the world at Heirloom Dance Studio in Downtown Boise.
Boise is rich in Family Roots! A lot of my friends I have made while living in Boise all have lived there for a number of generations. The people I have known there are very kind and warm. There are a also a lot of places that focus on Arts - Museums, Katherine Albertson Nature Park, Ann Morrison Park, Julia Davis Rose Garden, Idaho Botanical Gardens, Boise River Fest, Fishing, Tubing, Concerts in the Park, Boise State University Sports, Theatrical Plays & Musicals, Skiing at Bogus Basin, Hiking, Camping, Fishing....the list goes on and on.
So if you think you feel Landlocked...you really ought to consider leaving your home, once you get out and experience Boise you'll realize how good you'll feel to know that you are away from the Craziness of Big cities to have Boise to call HOME!

Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM

424 posts, read 580,796 times
You must remember that the area around Boise is considered "High Desert" and agriculture is the major industry. We get little or no rain in the summer and the winters are very mild. We traveled and lived in a motorhome for 9 years and was always looking at where we would finally stop and put our roots down again. We picked the Boise area.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 PM

278 posts, read 906,562 times
It's definitely an issue. Not a huge one for me, but probably the biggest negative of Boise. It's a significant trip to get to any other city and of course transportation costs are increasing. Also on the subject of landlocked, the seafood isn't very good either! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area