Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:29 PM

623 posts, read 1,613,127 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a need for a centralized property showing service for rentals. There are so many small property-management companies combined with owner-managed properties and no easy way for someone renting to get a sense of inventory in town. I've talked to folks from other cities who have rental agents who work with a variety of property management companies and landlords. They are able to be a one-stop shop for a renter who wants to explore all options for renting. I don't know if that would work here or how the payment structure would be, but given the number of times I'm asked to help with this sort of thing, I know there is a need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 04:16 PM

12 posts, read 18,118 times
I think a Mongolian Grill like Genghis Grill, a Teavana(tea store) and maybe a practically picasso(it's a little art place where you can go pick out a pic frame,bowl,cup etc.. and paint it(create your own art).Took my kids to one in Texas..they loved it!

Old 10-29-2011, 07:02 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,480,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuy73WV View Post
I think a Mongolian Grill like Genghis Grill, a Teavana(tea store) and maybe a practically picasso(it's a little art place where you can go pick out a pic frame,bowl,cup etc.. and paint it(create your own art).Took my kids to one in Texas..they loved it!
We have enough Mongolian-style grills in town, Boise is a coffee town and I think we already have 1-2 places where you can paint your own knick-knack. I still don't think that we have bottomed out of this recession yet, so I think the last thing we need is more restaurants or food places. Same goes for quirky stores and shops that you might go to once a year.

Like Benchfan's idea for a centralized rental service. I moved up here from Phoenix and they were pretty popular there. The agents get a small base salary and then get a commission for every unit that they rent. The renters liked it because they only had to fill out one rental application, do one credit check and then have someone help you find a place.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:39 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,116 times
A retail outlet store that only sells merchandise made in the U.S.A.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:43 PM

405 posts, read 1,281,147 times
A Freeway.. End of story.. LOL

Old 10-29-2011, 05:30 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,678 times
[quote=BriGuy73WV;21480242 practically picasso(it's a little art place where you can go pick out a pic frame,bowl,cup etc.. and paint it(create your own art).Took my kids to one in Texas..they loved it![/quote]

We had several. All the ones I can think of are gone now.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:27 PM

623 posts, read 1,613,127 times
We do have a paint your own ceramics--Ceramica, a great local business in Boise. They used to be downtown but are now in the Vista Village--on Vista just above downtown. They have a great space--love going there!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:15 AM

863 posts, read 2,993,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benchfan View Post
We do have a paint your own ceramics--Ceramica, a great local business in Boise. They used to be downtown but are now in the Vista Village--on Vista just above downtown. They have a great space--love going there!
Didn't notice that, thanks

Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 PM

128 posts, read 327,563 times
A Boomers or FunWorks type place!

Old 11-13-2013, 10:07 AM

57 posts, read 116,927 times
Really, REALLY decent Mexican food. Driving to Kuna when we want that is a haul.

PLEASE SOMETHING IN SE BOISE!!!! Even an Applebees or Chili's, I don't care. We have to get on 84 anytime we want to go to dinner (I live in Columbia Village, not down in the valley so my options are fast food, Taco Del Mar, Capri, Bob's Sunrise Cafe and Ben's Crow.).

If I'm completely honest I don't think Eagle needs anything. Eagle Rd. in particular has a zillion choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area