Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 PM

364 posts, read 618,311 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have decided to purchase a vacation house in or around the Boise area. We are looking for:

1. Beauty. Something with lots of trees and beautiful views. Basically what most people look for in a vacation home.

2. Appreciation. With the housing slump, our time table is now being pushed up to take advantage of this rare correction in the market. Why appreciation? Other then the obvious financial gain, we are seriously considering permanently moving to the Boise area in 5 or so years and would like to have property to sell and repurchase a full time home. In the meantime we can visit the area frequently, stay in the vacation home and most importantly...BEAT THE HOUSTON HEAT! Hehe.

Thanks for any help!!!

p.s. Our price range is about 300-400k. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 01:40 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,227 times
Try McCall it is pretty spendy though, as is the Sun Valley area. I would get a place way North, or in the Central Mountains.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:41 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,365,147 times
Garden Valley, 45 minutes north of Boise along the Payette River. This area is in the forested mountains and very beautiful and not as expensive as McCall and is a lot closer to Boise.
Or if you want to be right in Boise check out the Northend or River Run off of Parkcenter Boulevard.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:49 PM

4 posts, read 17,039 times
Red face River Run

We bought a townhome in the River Run neighborhood off of Park Center about 10 months ago. We live in Sacramento, but have family in Boise and we visit often. We are kind of in the same boat as you, except we are planning our move in about two years. Although I wouldn't say our townhome is a vacation type of home, it is a very short walk to the River and once you get there, (about 45 seconds from my front door!) the scenery is awesome! I believe I got a good price on the home. I am told by the neighbors who live there that the prices in River Run have always been stable and you cannot go wrong there! The River Run neighborhood is very nice with custom homes and a few townhome communities. I actually live in the foothills above Sacramento, (Auburn)and the home in Boise is much more quiet and peaceful. I cannot wait to move!!! Come on two years!! And an interesting note, my youngest daughter and her fiance live in our townhome in Boise 1/2 of the year and the other 1/2 they live in Houston!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area