Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 AM

8 posts, read 9,859 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your response, good luck to you as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 05:52 PM

6 posts, read 13,158 times
Sage*****You are hilarious
Caitlinmari*******When you moved did you use a realtor to locate your rental property for you? Or did you take a trip and get it set up before hand?

Any insight as to the health insurance cost in idaho as well, I have quoted on line and for a family plan like mine about 600.00 a month....half what I am paying now.....does this price point seem correct?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
We have a small business group plan with Blue Cross, 80/20 with $750/ded. It's $1075/month.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:45 PM

33 posts, read 77,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronnon View Post
Sage*****You are hilarious
Caitlinmari*******When you moved did you use a realtor to locate your rental property for you? Or did you take a trip and get it set up before hand?

Any insight as to the health insurance cost in idaho as well, I have quoted on line and for a family plan like mine about 600.00 a month....half what I am paying now.....does this price point seem correct?
We found our rental before we even moved. We looked on craigslist and on different property management companies' websites. We happened to have a friend who lives a couple houses down from our rental property so they were able to come and take a look to see if it was nice inside. The lady at the property management place also took pictures and emailed them to us however they were not very good quality pictures so we really did not see the inside til the day we moved in but we are very pleased. If you need any help looking up property rentals please let me know and I can browse for you too. As for insurance we also have 2 little ones our oldest just turned 5 and youngest will be 3 in August. I looked through blue cross of Idaho and found some quotes for around 400 a month for us. I am not sure what your income is but you could possibly get on Medicaid for the kids or they have some other program I believe called ship where you pay a small fee for insurance through the state if you are over the income limit. Luckily with my husbands job we will have insurance and that is around 600 a month.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM

6 posts, read 13,158 times
Caitlinmari***How sweet of you to offer your help. My kids are 5 and 3 as well, how crazy is that. We would make too much to qualify for medicaid. But I quoted out blue cross online as well and thought the 600 was low, (since we pay 2x's that now). If that rate is correct, then is is affordable. Any area in Boise to avoid?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:22 PM

33 posts, read 77,047 times
Yea that would be correct I couldn't see you paying more than that. I don't known of any areas to avoid in Boise I just heard the garden city area is not good. We live in meridian and I love this area!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 AM

479 posts, read 802,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by percydaman View Post
It's also one of the reasons, traffic has gotten so bad
I guess this is all relative because I always comment how empty the freeways are when we're up there. One of the things that impresses me the most about the freeways up there is the lack of litter. I appreciate how clean the area is. The amount of litter I see on the freeway is so minimal that one one trip, my son and I passed the time trying to see who could find the most litter...not an easy task up in Boise.

We are looking to move up that direction in a few years as well but I want to go north towards McCall, Cascade, etc...need more trees, water and snowfall but we like to ski/snowboard so that works for us.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 AM

479 posts, read 802,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlinmari View Post
I just heard the garden city area is not good!
This is why I love this site. This is not criticism, more of a compliment for the area in general but Garden City would be like Beverly Hills compared to the "bad" areas of SoCal.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:25 PM

35 posts, read 66,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
This is why I love this site. This is not criticism, more of a compliment for the area in general but Garden City would be like Beverly Hills compared to the "bad" areas of SoCal.
True enough. It's really a matter of perspective eh? I just moved from the Kansas City area of Missouri. What they call bad areas here, would be a cakewalk in alot of areas of KC.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:12 PM

623 posts, read 1,612,759 times
Garden City stretches along the Boise River for miles surrounded by Boise proper. The eastern and westernmost parts of Garden City have some fabulous waterfront homes!!! Also, there are parts of Boise that fall into the Garden City zip code but are very much Boise (some amazing parts of NW Boise). It's the central part of Garden City that is a mix of industrial and trailer parks that people generally avoid. Even those areas are really not bad, just not nice, residential areas. A lot of Garden City is really GREAT and doesn't deserve this bad rap out there on City Data!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area