Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 AM

36 posts, read 63,245 times

Advertisements

ESPN is sayng Coach Pete will leave Boise State. What happened? I never would have guessed it. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 09:15 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,478,654 times
He finally let the money truck back up into his driveway.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:26 AM

674 posts, read 1,459,337 times
Says one thing, does another.

Good luck with your 8-4 seasons at Washington.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:13 AM

719 posts, read 1,567,702 times
Petersen leaving isn't a surprise to me. I always thought he'd only leave for Oregon, Washington or Stanford. He nearly left for Stanford a couple of years ago, and wasn't offered the Oregon job last year. The Washington offer was too much to pass up - he can finally compete at the top level of the sport, but do so from the comfort of the PNW at a school with resources that Boise State could only dream of.

Unfortunately Washington will probably start to improve rapidly. The Pac 12 North is going to be a meat grinder with Stanford, Oregon and Washington. Too bad for Cal, OSU and WSU...

The Pac 12 as a whole is starting to collect an extremely impressive group of coaches.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:16 AM

I think something happened to change his mind. I thought he was here for the next 10 years.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:55 PM

278 posts, read 906,562 times
My personal opinion is that the end of the BCS will make it harder to be successful at a school like BSU. The big bowls will no longer have an obligation to bring in smaller schools and the new playoff will almost certainly heavily discriminate against teams from non-power conferences.

I think Coach Pete is playing the situation perfectly. Best wishes to him and the Huskies!

Old 12-06-2013, 11:22 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post
I think Coach Pete is playing the situation perfectly. Best wishes to him and the Huskies!
As a loyal Dawg living in Boise, this is what has struck me most. There are fanbases that would be turning on Coach Pete, repudiating all their past affection, calling him all kinds of a traitor. There are towns where going out and about today in a purple windbreaker, as I did, would have invited a lot of abuse. Not here. The majority of BSU fans, as I take the pulse, are naturally sorry to lose Petersen, but esteem him highly enough that when he goes to UW, they want him to succeed and are going to root for us because of that affection. I find that inspiring, even moving. It tells me a lot about who we are getting, and the kind of loyalty he inspires, but it also tells me a lot about Boise and Bronco fans. I'm not the only Husky that is seeing this. The word is out, and such class merits respect.

UW will always be my core allegiance, as BSU is yours. But where UW is not involved, go Broncos. (And please don't ever lose to Fresneck again. Everyone hates Fresneck.) I hope you get the next Coach Pete in your new hire (even if it's Justin Wilcox), and that he kicks in the door of whatever playoff system is concocted, and that we do away with the system that puts the non-AQ conferences of today fundamentally behind the eight-ball in the national picture. It's never been fair, and the playing field needs to level out.

Best of success, Bronco Nation.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:27 AM

j_k_k Thank you and well said, I think Zedd is on the right track, Pete's son also gradutated HS and his youngest starts HS so the time may be right

Old 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM

674 posts, read 1,459,337 times
His youngest didn't want to go.

Said on the internet today that he got his first free UW gear, but won't wear it because he's "a Bronco for life."

Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM

264 posts, read 907,858 times
A couple of reasons, as said before the BCS, the failure of BSU to get into a major conference and a smaller factor is BSU is not a very good school and it helps with not so smart kids but kills him in other homes. The reason BSU could not get into a major conference was not only small market but poor reputation for academics. It's not fair because we all know football programs bring in thugs at most schools but for some reason university Presidents care about general admission stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area