Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 03:04 PM

5 posts, read 8,622 times

Advertisements

New to town and need to get new plates on my truck. Which Motor Vehicle office is the best to use? Shortest wait, etc.? Boise or Meridian. What am I going to need? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 04:20 PM

719 posts, read 1,566,929 times
I'd use the one on Benjamin. I think they have their driver services and vehicle services split up (one on each side of the building), and the vehicle services side generally isn't as busy from what I've seen when I've had to go in there. It's been a few years since I've been in but that's how it was set up last time I was there.

Edit - and go early in the day, and early to middle of the week. Avoid Friday.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:26 PM

33 posts, read 107,953 times
cr2crf - If you're taking the written test to get your ID driver's license as well, would you mind posting about how difficult the test is? Can we wing it as out of state drivers, or should we read up on the Idaho laws?

Moving to the Boise area next month and the first thing we plan on doing is getting plates/licenses.

Thanks!

Old 12-19-2013, 09:44 AM

115 posts, read 260,560 times
Default Garden City

There's a DMV for plates only on Chinden just east of Maple Grove. Usually no wait unless a Monday or the last business day of the month.

If you need driver's license you have to go to the one on Benjamin.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:52 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,470,844 times
I've also been told that Mondays and Fridays are the worst. I also use the one down on Chinden that mtnlady mentioned whenever I can, as they are usually not busy at all. But they have limited services. I don't know that there is a noticeable difference in wait time between the Boise (Benjamin) and Meridian (Cherry) offices.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:03 PM

4 posts, read 7,255 times
This is my 1st post, I've been browsing these forums for what seems like forever.. (!!)

We just relocated to Boise.. (and we do love it)..

We needed to get new photo ID's and plates. The DMV on Benjamin was a great experience. We did in fact go on a Monday, it was decently busy but really not bad at all. Coming from NYC, this DMV was amazing. Clean and fast, friendly, and helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: