Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:47 PM

276 posts, read 644,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha67 View Post
Hard to be nice to a guy that was calling my landlord to complain as I was carrying boxes into the house. He's been relentlessly harassing me since the hour I moved in.
You're renting? The solution is simple: move.
As a renter you have the right to "quiet enjoyment" of the premises.
Google "quiet enjoyment"; it's a legal phrase.
A clause concerning it should be in your lease.
If the landlord will not step up and provide it, he's in breech of the lease.
I'd be up his hind end like a bad emerod.

You're gonna do what you're gonna do,
but henceforth every minute you spend living next
to that person will be because you have chosen to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngleDoesn'tSuck View Post
You're renting? The solution is simple: move.
As a renter you have the right to "quiet enjoyment" of the premises.
Google "quiet enjoyment"; it's a legal phrase.
A clause concerning it should be in your lease.
If the landlord will not step up and provide it, he's in breech of the lease.
I'd be up his hind end like a bad emerod.

You're gonna do what you're gonna do,
but henceforth every minute you spend living next
to that person will be because you have chosen to.
That's ridiculous, telling her to move. From what we know, she is not the one causing the problem; she should not have to be the one to move away. You're telling her to give in to the bully. That's almost as lousy a batch of advice as your quoting Proverbs to her before. She needs support and guidance to stand her ground, and you gave her a little, but this stuff about telling her to move is just off base. You're always working your politics into posts, so here's a taste: that's the kind of advice I'd expect a bleeding heart liberal to give her, to back down rather than take a stand. In fact, that is exactly the kind of thinking that prevailed in Seattle, where I lived for sixteen years. I never expected to see it in Idaho.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 PM

373 posts, read 778,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
That's ridiculous, telling her to move. From what we know, she is not the one causing the problem; she should not have to be the one to move away. You're telling her to give in to the bully. That's almost as lousy a batch of advice as your quoting Proverbs to her before. She needs support and guidance to stand her ground, and you gave her a little, but this stuff about telling her to move is just off base. You're always working your politics into posts, so here's a taste: that's the kind of advice I'd expect a bleeding heart liberal to give her, to back down rather than take a stand. In fact, that is exactly the kind of thinking that prevailed in Seattle, where I lived for sixteen years. I never expected to see it in Idaho.
Agree 100%.

Good people are not the ones needing to give in.
Suggesting to move and advising the OP to quit and let the one in the wrong have their way is uneducated and spineless.
It is just not that easy to get up and move.
Contract Lease Agreements are signed and the OP is obligated to the contract.

KADS:
For someone quoting Bible verses, you have a questionable forum user name.
You also give advice that does not represent your faith.
At no time in the New Testament did Jesus ever back down from standing up for righteousness or the oppressed.

It is one thing to "take it on the chin"
It is another thing to take it lying down.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:30 PM

122 posts, read 229,961 times
Restraining order? Not a lawyer or know if this is even possible with a neighbor like this, but if you have access to one I would pursue investigting that approach.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
KADS:
For someone quoting Bible verses, you have a questionable forum user name.
Right, because the Bible is only for the good people, not those bad old sinners like me.

Concerning so-called "backing down", if she owned the place, she'd be stuck with this neighbor, but since she's renting, it's a choice she's making. If she chooses to stay and spend her time, energy, and, possibly, money to fight this moron, that's her business. I'd move if it was as bad as she says it is. I've got better things to do than fight with my neighbors.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
You're always working your politics into posts, so here's a taste: that's the kind of advice I'd expect a bleeding heart liberal to give her, to back down rather than take a stand.
Quite the contrary, a liberal would be demanding that the government step in and solve her problem for her. I'm suggesting she fix it herself by demanding action from her landlord, or simply relocating away from the problem. Why would she want to live next to this person anyway?

And to anyone I didn't respond to, it's because you're on my ignore list and I can't see your posts.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:16 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngleDoesn'tSuck View Post
Quite the contrary, a liberal would be demanding that the government step in and solve her problem for her. I'm suggesting she fix it herself by demanding action from her landlord, or simply relocating away from the problem. Why would she want to live next to this person anyway?

And to anyone I didn't respond to, it's because you're on my ignore list and I can't see your posts.
you're no fun.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha67 View Post
He did harass the woman on the other side of me for months. And has called code enforcement on her 5 times in the last 3 weeks. It's a rental house. I'm a middle aged college student. The previous tenants were running some sort of drug operation here for years. I'm not even remotely like that but he's trying to get me evicted.
Why would anyone rent a house that for years had drug dealers living there? My first concern would be some of their business partners or customers might come by looking for them, not knowing they no longer reside there.

Why does a middle age college student or any college student need a house to rent? Why not just rent a 1 bedroom apt?

And he is harassing you as you're moving in? Why didn't you call the landlord right then and there and say WTH is going on here? Get over here now or I am not moving in.

The neighbor has the landlord's phone number so they know each other, he should be relieved the drug dealers are gone and an older female who goes to school moved in.

Your story doesn't quite add up.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:25 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
There's no need to be pugilistic to each other when you can simply disagree with someone's opinion on how to solve the OP's issue.

Keep acting like you need to be heavily moderated and I'm happy to oblige...

Old 08-21-2014, 10:22 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,676,018 times
Have you discussed the issue with the landlord? Maybe you can enlist his or her help? It may provide you some insight as to whether the landlord knew about this ahead of time.

If you can afford it, I'd definitely get a web cam. They're pretty cheap now and there is software so that you can view what's going on when you are not home.

Unfortunately, if you want to block his view, you will have to shell out some money for free standing privacy screens (or make them yourself)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area