Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2016, 03:19 PM

36 posts, read 56,985 times

Advertisements

We are retiring to Boise area, most likely one of the smaller towns just outside like Caldwell, Nampa etc. in 2018. We are coming this August to hopefully purchase land and then build our retirement home when we get there in 2018.

I need a reliable Realtor that is not hard to get ahold of and a go-getter! Already had a bad experience with one down there where she would never answer our calls and email a week later saying sorry had a client come in to town and then still never called us! Frustrating!

Also looking for a General Contractor/Builder we can start going over what we need to do when we build and what to expect so we can have it all done and ready for them when we get there and can start building right away.

I've received a lotos great info and help from the great people of Idaho on my previous posts so I'm really hoping for some really good help with this! Thank you in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 03:42 PM

160 posts, read 252,337 times
Dear BBJ326,

I have lived here for 25 years, and have had a couple homes custom built, bought several already under construction, and still others already built. I have the greatest and most knowledgeable Realtor, who's currently working for me on behalf of a townhouse that I just bought under construction and nearly complete.

This woman is the most reliable Realtor I've ever had. First of all she LISTENS, and she is always RESPONSIVE. She will always return your calls and your emails. She can address all your needs and offer good advice about building, builders, etc. She's been around Boise for years, and knows all the nuances of Boise and its surrounding areas.

I'll send a direct message to you with her contact information. I promise you, you will not be sorry.

Last edited by T M H; 04-30-2016 at 04:34 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 10:01 AM

820 posts, read 1,069,044 times
As you learned from your previous (bad) experience, communication is critical for a successful real estate transaction. A Realtor is kind of like a director that helps coordinate all the different roles in a transaction so they need to understand all the roles and be able to make them work smoothly together. When building a home, there are even more moving parts so you need an agent that understands those as well and how each builder is unique in how they work, schedule and price their services.

I am glad to hear that T M H has had a positive experience. Moderator cut: .

As far as builders to recommend, I would need to know what size home, what price range you were looking to build, and if you would rather have higher quality materials and workmanship or if you would trade those off for a larger home before recommending a builder. Some builders in our area only build in their own closed communities (subdivisions) while other builders will custom build anywhere we can find you the right lot for your family. Anyone that recommends a builder before they assess your needs would be like the guy that tells you what vehicle to buy before asking if you want something energy efficient (like a Prius), a pickup to haul stuff, an SUV to haul people and stuff, a Rolls Royce, or possibly a Harley! Each of those vehicles have a place, but you are the best one to figure out which is best for your lifestyle. The same can be said with many of our builders. However, do not judge by square foot for a dollar any more than you would have selected the vehicle by it's cost per pound!

Hope this helps.

Last edited by yellowbelle; 05-01-2016 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 03-19-2017, 08:47 AM

56 posts, read 90,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M H View Post
Dear BBJ326,

I have lived here for 25 years, and have had a couple homes custom built, bought several already under construction, and still others already built. I have the greatest and most knowledgeable Realtor, who's currently working for me on behalf of a townhouse that I just bought under construction and nearly complete.

This woman is the most reliable Realtor I've ever had. First of all she LISTENS, and she is always RESPONSIVE. She will always return your calls and your emails. She can address all your needs and offer good advice about building, builders, etc. She's been around Boise for years, and knows all the nuances of Boise and its surrounding areas.

I'll send a direct message to you with her contact information. I promise you, you will not be sorry.

Can you please message me your realtor suggestion??? Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: