Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 01:22 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7freak7 View Post
Exactly. These homeless beggars in hellhole Las Vegas will corner you in a parking lot and demand money and spit/hit/curse your car if you don't give them some. The worst was a toothless man driving a massive pick-up, block off the exit row at the grocery store, hold his hand out the window and demand money. Didn't ask nicely, just demanded money! Had to back up and exit the wrong way, as HE WOULDN'T BUDGE!

So, to the snowflake Fwdvision, go ahead and call me crass. I call it wanting a higher standard of living than where I currently reside! Enough living around criminals and low class people!
Boise would be a breath of fresh air and a vast environmental improvement for you. Just be aware, as many others have talked about, that it can be tough to find good wages in its job market.

If you have a sound financial plan, you'll love Boise and I'd bet you'll never look back. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 11:56 AM

505 posts, read 584,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Boise would be a breath of fresh air and a vast environmental improvement for you. Just be aware, as many others have talked about, that it can be tough to find good wages in its job market.

If you have a sound financial plan, you'll love Boise and I'd bet you'll never look back. Best of luck.
Thanks for the comment. I will have to come for a visit soon.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:41 PM

134 posts, read 177,887 times
I don’t want to hijack this thread but I have a question.
I also currently live in Vegas & would like to move to Boise in due time. It’ll be at least a year before I make a decision. What are the places to avoid? I lived in Eastern Idaho for almost 10 years so I know what to expect as far as weather etc and I don’t need information on jobs as I’m actively employed & can live anywhere. I’m 49, divorced, no kids & I’m away from home generally 4-5 days per week. So, searching for the “safer” parts of Boise or surrounding towns. I appreciate any feedback.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:43 PM

1,951 posts, read 2,300,032 times
the Hillcrest neighborhood and its Hillcrest country club is very safe although it s made up of mostly married people.....
next to it is West Hillcrest which is safe also.

If you don't want to see hipsters than avoid Freak Alley, a curated collection of street art, is a popular attraction in downtown Boise.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
the Hillcrest neighborhood and its Hillcrest country club is very safe although it s made up of mostly married people.....
next to it is West Hillcrest which is safe also.

If you don't want to see hipsters than avoid Freak Alley, a curated collection of street art, is a popular attraction in downtown Boise.
Thank you. I’ll research it. I don’t care if the neighbors are married etc as I generally keep to myself and I generally just enjoy being home when I am off work. I’m more concerned about my house not being robbed when I’m not home & living in a nice area (I know “nice area” is very subjective)

Old 12-18-2017, 01:55 PM

I am not opposed to anything within a 30 minute drive to the airport. I love “elbow” room between me and my neighbors. I’ve been considering buying a very large lot and putting a manufactured home on it. I like elbow room. I want to build a large shop on the property where I live. Like a 60x60 size shop to tinker on cars, store a boat, jet ski’s, motorcycle etc. That is my ultimate dream. What I’m searching for doesn’t have to be in Boise “proper” per se’

Old 12-18-2017, 03:29 PM

252 posts, read 298,145 times
Just tossing it out there. If anyone is coming in for a quick visit, feel free to PM me for a beer and a quick tour.

We moved here a little over 4 years ago and dont regret one bit of it.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChevelle View Post
Just tossing it out there. If anyone is coming in for a quick visit, feel free to PM me for a beer and a quick tour.

We moved here a little over 4 years ago and dont regret one bit of it.
Thank you for the offer. Bring your Chevelle? Ha Ha. What year?

Old 12-19-2017, 07:54 AM

252 posts, read 298,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxflyboy View Post
Thank you for the offer. Bring your Chevelle? Ha Ha. What year?
If its warm enough, absolutely.

Attached Thumbnails
30 something considering relocation to Boise-1658661_577063928735_57334350_o.jpg  

Old 12-19-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChevelle View Post
If its warm enough, absolutely.

Beautiful car Mike. I’m very envious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area