Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 12:14 PM

21 posts, read 21,737 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking for a reputable property management company that can help us find a rental home in these surrounding areas.
We currently live in Ca and will be moving in June/July.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 11:13 AM

169 posts, read 198,747 times
DJW and Park Place

Old 12-11-2017, 11:43 AM

661 posts, read 833,927 times
Also use craigslist, they have many rentals that are owner direct that may not use a management company.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:03 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
To be clear, I do not know of any property management companies or Realtors in town that you can hire to help you find a rental, which it seems is what you are wanting.

You contact the individual companies and they tell you whether THEY have something available, but they don't go out and find something for you. You are on your own for that. I don't know of anyone in town who offers that service. Craigslist is your best resource to find something.

Just watch out for scams. Try to talk to a human being, not just an email address or text, and watch out for deals that are too good to be true. Watch out for "too much information emails" and never give money without having met the landlord/manager in person first, preferably when they met you to show you the house. If you can't meet them in person, have someone you trust meet them (family member, coworker, etc). Or do a Facetime walkthrough of the property with them if no one can meet in person for you. We won't rent a property to someone who hasn't done one of the above.

Also, be aware that norm in the area is that rentals for June/July would usually come up on Craigslist in May/June. Maybe a few in April, but little to nothing before that. So looking right now is just spinning your wheels and wasting everyone's time. I manage about 200 houses/duplexes in the area and I couldn't tell you a single one that is coming available for sure this summer right now. I'll probably have 20-30 turn over in June or July, but just which ones, I won't know until they give notice.

I'll send you a PM with the link to my website. We keep it up to date with our rentals. The big names in town do the same, so you could check those in addition to Craigslist.

Names that I can think of off the top of my head
Park Place
Humphrey
First Rate
Boise (BPM) (not BCPM or Boise City, which mostly does HOA management, I think)
DJW
Metro
Wright
Cobblestone
Summit
Verity
American
Aloha
Capital
Iron Eagle

That is just a few, but there are many many more.
Also, many real estate offices in the area also manage rentals. So once you find someone on Craigslist who has any, find that company's website and see what else they have. Bookmark it and check back.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
To be clear, I do not know of any property management companies or Realtors in town that you can hire to help you find a rental, which it seems is what you are wanting.

You contact the individual companies and they tell you whether THEY have something available, but they don't go out and find something for you. You are on your own for that. I don't know of anyone in town who offers that service. Craigslist is your best resource to find something.

Just watch out for scams. Try to talk to a human being, not just an email address or text, and watch out for deals that are too good to be true. Watch out for "too much information emails" and never give money without having met the landlord/manager in person first, preferably when they met you to show you the house. If you can't meet them in person, have someone you trust meet them (family member, coworker, etc). Or do a Facetime walkthrough of the property with them if no one can meet in person for you. We won't rent a property to someone who hasn't done one of the above.

Also, be aware that norm in the area is that rentals for June/July would usually come up on Craigslist in May/June. Maybe a few in April, but little to nothing before that. So looking right now is just spinning your wheels and wasting everyone's time. I manage about 200 houses/duplexes in the area and I couldn't tell you a single one that is coming available for sure this summer right now. I'll probably have 20-30 turn over in June or July, but just which ones, I won't know until they give notice.

I'll send you a PM with the link to my website. We keep it up to date with our rentals. The big names in town do the same, so you could check those in addition to Craigslist.

Names that I can think of off the top of my head
Park Place
Humphrey
First Rate
Boise (BPM) (not BCPM or Boise City, which mostly does HOA management, I think)
DJW
Metro
Wright
Cobblestone
Summit
Verity
American
Aloha
Capital
Iron Eagle

That is just a few, but there are many many more.
Also, many real estate offices in the area also manage rentals. So once you find someone on Craigslist who has any, find that company's website and see what else they have. Bookmark it and check back.
Thank you for your time in responding. I replied to your PM.
Much appreciated.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatie3 View Post
DJW and Park Place
Thank you...just getting organized and putting my feelers out there.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Also use craigslist, they have many rentals that are owner direct that may not use a management company.
Great idea....I will look into it. I will seriously start looking in May or so. It's good to look now just to see what's out there, what the rental market is like.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:10 AM

28 posts, read 40,064 times
I use "My Rent LLC" to manage my rentals, they manage lots of properties, so something is likely to come up. 3611 N Locust Grove, Meridian Idaho 83646 (208) 412-8230

Old 12-13-2017, 07:55 PM

169 posts, read 198,747 times
I rented from park place it was a good experience.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:41 AM

236 posts, read 195,813 times
I have heard many horror stories about Park Place where no matter how clean a rental is left at move out, they keep your deposit. You may want to google some choices and check out reviews before you do business with anyone. I rented in 2013 upon moving here from Texas and halfway through my lease, I began receiving foreclosure notices on the front door. Reason why is because the owner had not paid his mortgage and was still able to work with the property manager to collect my rent each month. Be careful about these types of situations. I had never experienced this before. Rental property is not all that regulated in Idaho. All the best on your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: