Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2019, 06:51 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,242 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

Visiting our son and his family the first weekend in October. Will have a 3 year old and 2 mo old to entertain but want some ideas to get my fall "fix" since Phoenix doesn't know what fall is, LOL!

Any great fall festivals that weekend? Pumpkin patches with petting zoos? Something we shouldn't miss? Adult entertainment after kiddos are in bed?

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 04:28 PM

97 posts, read 120,685 times
Here are some ideas for you and the kiddo's:
1- Go to the MK Nature Center and see the trout and sturgeons both above ground and underground, go through the building if it's open. Google MK Nature Center for more info.
2- Boise has a kid-friendly Zoo and the downstairs area of the brand new Idaho State Historical Museum located in Julia Davis Park (near the zoo) is very kid friendly.
3- You could go for a walk on the Boise Greenbelt with the kiddo's and a stroller, it's paved and goes along the river for a long distance, you can access it in various spots.
4- Take the kids to Freak Alley downtown off 8th Street near Bannock, the largest outdoor mural collection in the PNW and lots of freaky artwork, have lunch at Even Steven's right next to Freak Alley.
5- Visit the State Capital downtown, it has a museum in the lower level and you are free to walk around and go into all the rooms and this includes taking photos of yourself sitting at the governors desk. Just ask politely when you enter his office. No I am not kidding. Gotta Love Idaho! Steve S.

Old 09-23-2019, 09:41 PM

215 posts, read 258,849 times
Default Here are some options

I agree with No. 1 and 3 from SteveS, not so much for the other suggestions only because of the ages of the kiddos. The zoo here is quite small and I’d rather you spend some time doing some things that are unique to Boise. Look up Linder Farms in Meridian and the Farmstead which is now in Kuna. They are both attractions that are here for the fall months. Read the reviews of each, they both have pumpkin patches, corn mazes, petting zoos, hay rides, etc.

Since the kiddos are so young do a greenbelt walk too. There is a great map for that on the Boise Parks and Recreation website.

Enjoy your visit!

Old 09-24-2019, 05:13 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,242 times
Thank you both for the great suggestions! Might have to ditch the kiddos during nap time and get those pics at the governors desk LOL

Old 09-25-2019, 11:11 AM

133 posts, read 289,691 times
I've recently taken to fostering 3 children ages 0, 1, and 2. I've taken the 1 and 2 year old to the zoo, which was great fun but sometimes frustrating as a lot of the exibits were MIA. I took them to Planet Kid, which is also great as they have a section just for toddlers, although good luck keeping them there! I've tried a number of fast food restaurants with play areas, but thoses are mostly designed for older kids who can climb. The numberous parks around the treasure valley are also great fun as they can run around and use the playground. Bucket swins are a great place to keep them in one place and they enjoy them. I think your kids are too young for the Greenbelt as there are a lot of bikes and scooters, not to mention the presence of a running river. The Lowe Family Farmstead is great for older kids, but the only thing for the toddlers are the corn pit and the bouncing floor. If I'm already pushing them around on a stroller in the grass, how is that any different than getting on a simple ride? I am going to check out Wilderness Kids in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area