Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 03:46 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codez View Post
Of course there are undocumented aliens everywhere, however the degree, rate of influx, and percentage matters.
Idaho is about 25% Hispanic now.
How many of them are illegal is questionable. I think no one knows for sure how many are, as families have been moving back and forth between here and Mexico for around 100 years.

While most have worked in agriculture traditionally, they're now in every industry and business in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 12:23 PM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times
You have received some great responses so far.

Your price range might also influence which city you look at. For example, a $500k home in Eagle is substantially different than a $500 home in Caldwell. When I have people moving from out of state, I typically start by sharing average price points by city. The same builder can have the exact same floor plan and amenities for $75k difference in price due to building permit differentials and lot pricing, etc.

Meridian is a very family friendly city so that might be a good consideration for your family of 4 based on what you shared. It is adjacent to Boise. It is pretty much the center of all things Ada County now.

I have an increase in number of people moving from Colorado that moved there 3-5 years ago. At first, some were attracted to the fact that pot was legal, but then realized how many people moved there that used pot as a way of life as opposed to recreationally and have had enough. It isn't legal here in Idaho although it is easily obtainable semi-legally by crossing into Oregon (where it is legal) less than an hour from Boise. At least those that smoke pot here are smart enough to know you shouldn't show up high at work! I have had people move their businesses from Oregon to Idaho for the same reason. Their employees couldn't understand it wasn't acceptable. They couldn't comprehend that alcohol is legal and you don't show up drunk for work so it was the similar.

I can relate to ImApatriot's comment "The mayor of Boise is besties with Newsome." I actually sent Governor Newsome a "Thank You" email last year for all the (unintended) referrals he sent my real estate company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area