Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2010, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,710 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking of moving to Meridian/Eagle from Gig Harbor, WA and wondering if we could expect more serious asthma/allergy symptoms in ID than Western Washington. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 11:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,352 times
Default alergies in boise idaho

I think your alergies will be less where you are not in Gig Harbor. I wish I could live there. It is dry and depending what you are alergic to Eagle/Meridian area, it is the same all over the valley. I find the spring grass and dust in the fall harvest difficult to take.

Nampa has factory air, Valley inversion all over Boise in the Winters, good luck, the economy is good in Boise, It is not as depressing as rainy Gig Harbor.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:28 AM

2 posts, read 6,710 times
I took monthly allergy shots for 4 years and do fairly well now. If I start feeling symptoms, I can generally get away with a Costco OTC tab. My wife is another story; environmental allergins can trigger her asthma and she has to use a machine etc.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:49 AM

863 posts, read 2,993,382 times
It depends on what triggers your allergies. From from watching the reports on the news during the allergy season, the quantity and type of airborne allergens can vary around the area.

I live in SE Boise and work in No Boise. Spring grasses and trees do not bother me, but Sage and Chenopod later in the season do. The degree to which they affect me can vary greatly from year to year as well.

I've lived here since my late 20's and spent the first 25 years of my life in Puyallup. Not much issue with seasonal allergies in WA until my early 20s then I left shortly after, so I didn't stay long enough to figure out what triggered them. Mid 20s in CA, had some issues as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: