Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 01:56 PM

19 posts, read 24,744 times

Advertisements

As we ll know that in the past and maybe a little this day that most reading materials are gotten from the library or book stores. Now of course the internet is coming into play.

First have you ever read an e-book? Did it seem better to you than something you have to get? Do you believe libraries and book stores are going to g out of existance in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 04:53 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
I mostly read e-books now for a couple of reasons. The most important is that now that I am getting older it is nice to be able to increase the font size. But I also like the fact that I don't have to find space for all the books I read (which is a lot). I also like being able to shop for my next book from the device itself.

Having said that there are still some kinds of books I prefer to get hardcopy, most notably cookbooks. Also non-fiction books where pictures are important such as art history books. I have no idea if bookstores or libraries will go out of existence but I think they will at the very least continue to adapt and offer things other than books like many do now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books